IGNORED

240Z Suspension Progress

S30TRBO

That aint no R200, that's an R180.

Very Good Mr Camouflage. I said I have a R200 and half shafts that I'm getting powdercoated later on , not "this is a R200". I just threw the stock R180 and half shafts back in there for now since I'm not using them in the future. No sence on wasting money on powdercoating I'm not going to use.

I'd never seen one of those straight transverse link bars before. Only the curved ones that you have to use for the R200, and the relocated R180 of the latter 240z. It was a dead givaway as to what diff way in the car, also the r200's look alot rounder a the back, compared to the R180 which is flatter.

So what did you do to the suspension?

So what did you do to the suspension?

It's all stock except for the coilovers (shortened the strut tubes) with Tokico Illumina strut inserts, 10" Eibach springs, camber plates, new ball joints, tie rod ends, and poly bushings all around. I have all the other pieces needed to convert it to R200 (R200 mustache bar, R200 rear mount). After I build the motor I will get the rest powdercoated and installed. BTW it's also missing the rear sway bar as I'm still waiting on my set from Ground Control.

• 2 months later...
Here is some updated pics:

Z Progress

All I'm waiting on is new outer tie rod ends and my Ground Control Sway bar set.

Enjoy,

Hell no wonder I can't afford to fix my Z. Look at the houses in this neighborhood. Only rich boys can afford to restore Z's. I always wondered what the hell my problem was. LOL

Hell no wonder I can't afford to fix my Z. Look at the houses in this neighborhood. Only rich boys can afford to restore Z's. I always wondered what the hell my problem was. LOL

Your funny bilati. I'm no where rich, I just learn to live within my means. BTW I busted my arse to get where I'm at no hand outs here, also housing market was great 5 years ago, I couldn't even think to a look at a house like this now with the risen market. All the disassembly and reassembly was done in my garage, and the powder coating was done locally, after a few weekends of busting my arse on my "part time" J-O-B.

Lesson learned you better think before you make a comment like that, and prejudge someone who you have no idea about. :tapemouth :disappoin

Carl,

Maybe I did, and if so I apologize to him.

UPDATE, G/C Sway Bars are done and car is on the ground. I'm waiting for it to warm up to I can have the new tie rod ends aligned. I decided to scrap the RB conversion as it would have blown my whole budget and now I'm back to the L route.

N/A or Turbo is the question...

Check my gallery for some pics, these were before the sway bars were put on though.

I need some rest... night all.

Carl,

At seems we agree on this point and I think this thread deals with that comment in a funny way:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9313&page=4

I think if evryone had their druthers we would see a dramatic shift in where the population of this forum is centered. I would gladly move to the State of California if given half of a chance since you guys have so many rust free Z cars as well as other neat old cars. It hasn't been the case lately but, usually the weather is conducive to the car hobby.

BTW,

I vote for N/A.....Joe go and look at Buck's cylinder head and those triples...they are in your basement, and ask yourself how much fun is that going to be? Just wait to drive Buck's car before you make your decision.