IGNORED

Left hand drive KGC10? 2400GT?

g72s20

WOW !

Very interesting info !

Any photos of that time at Okinawa available ?

Please post photos of you Skyline, It's nice to see that they are beggining to appear all over the world.

Rgds

Jorge

Very nice to see these Skylines all over the world. I have a 69 RHD GC10 in Okinawa Japan.:love:

Going way way back in this thread.... left hand drive domestic (Japanese) cars were made and sold in the Okinawa part of Japan in the early 70's.

This was not done just for the military bases....well not specifically anyways. Sort of indirectly in a way. Basically, Okinawa was kind of under US military control. Japanese citizens actually needed passports to come to Okinawa. Okinawans needed passports to go to the mainland. Currency for Okinawa was issued by the US, Local police were actually MP's

Most roads in Okinawa after WW2 were built by the US Army Corp of Engineers. Being Americans, they made the roads like they were back home. Set up to drive on the right hand side. Okinawans DROVE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD, NOT THE LEFT LIKE THE REST OF JAPAN!! Thats why there were LHD vehicles made specifically for the Okinawan market. Think of buses. Pretty tough to walk out in the middle of the street to get in bus that had the entrance on the wrong side.:stupid:

Okinawa reverted back to Japan in 1972 or 1973. I came to Okinawa in 1975 as a kid. Everybody was still on the right side of the road then. I kind of remember the day everyone switched over to the left side. Believe it was in 1977.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hello everybody,

Here is my barn find from last week. It has layed there from -93 and i bought it yesterday. It's disassembled and maybe some parts are missing. Front floors and trunk sides are rusted away, but i think it is saveable.

Nissantakaa.jpg

Nissankonttori.jpg

Nissanetu.jpg

Nissansivulta.jpg

Nissanpellit.jpg

Hello.

Any news on this project ?

Regards

jorge

• 2 years later...

Time to revive this old thread since I´ve bought Jorges old car. It´s new home is in Sweden and the mileage is 9908km. :)

I don´t know if Swiss Nissan is still active on the board, but I´m still interested in those fender badges. If anyone have any, please let me know.

Here´s an interior shot:

post-22592-14150825500886_thumb.jpg

It´s stock except for the door speakers, the horn button, the hazard button and floor mats.

It´s got all the options available at the time:

* AM-radio :)

* Steering lock

* Radio antenna

* Rear defroster

* Clock

* Cigarette lighter

* Passing light switch

* Head restraints

* Seat belts

• 1 year later...

Greetings again from Finland. I just managed to get one HGLC-10 :) And this seller had two..

So I know for sure that there is atleast 6 of these around in Finland.. Maybe few more standing somewhere. I have been searching for these early Skylines.

Here you can see all my projects:

SKYLINE JAPAN | KMLGC210 Project

This c10 needs some work, but it is quite hard. Doors need some welding on outer panels. Side rocker panels are hard. Only front part under fender are a bit rotten. And surface rust here and there... Just got her running and out a new clutch slave cylinder. Have to probably change wheel cylinders and maybe main too for brakes..