IGNORED

Which Watanabe's to look for

lvmy240z

Hi Pete,

To determine what size/offset wheels that you want depends on what kind of look you are going for. The classic Japanese look of the 70's is a lot of dish with tall tires. The 14" configuration that Watanabe recommends would look very old school and great on your lowered Z. The 15" wheels look more modern, but I have seen pictures of Z's with them and the cars looked great.

Here are the recommended sizes from Watanabe. Both configurations look good, but I prefer the 14" wheels as the 14" look more period correct in my opinion, compared to the 15" wheels.

Front: type A: 14-70†+3

Rear: type B 14-75 +1.5

Front: F8 15-70(+1)

Rear: F8 15-75(+2)

There is some give and take with these wheels sizes and offsets, but I would not go over 7.5j with a -3.5mm offset (type A) for the rear with the 14" wheels.

I hope this was helpful. You will not regret getting Watanabe's for your car.

Ben :)

The silver Z:

front: type A +3mm 14 by 7j

Rear: type A -3.5mm 14 by 7.5j

The white Z has the recommended Watanabe sizes for the 15" wheels as stated above.

p.s. These pictures were taken from the Rs-Watanabe website.

post-3738-141507944125_thumb.jpg

post-3738-1415079441265_thumb.jpg

How's about that for a comprehensive and accurate reply to a request for help and advice?

Too often this kind of effort goes unthanked, unreplied to, and ( seemingly ) unappreciated.

Nice posting, Ben. People like yourself are what makes a site like this a valuable resource. :classic:

Yeah. I'm kind of bummed as I hate to leave, but I get re-united with my Z. I'll be moving to middle Georgia, Robins AFB.

ben,

If I tell a Japanese guys those sizes (I assume they're inches), is it something he'll understand or do I need to do metric mental gymnastics?

Thanks,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...