IGNORED

4,900 original miles

280z

the guy who will buy this car is going to have a dilemma. how the hell are you going to justify driving this beautiful and possibly lowest mileage z in existance but on the other hand.. why would anyone spend 25,000 for a car to just sit in the garage under a cover..

you know i thought about it. he should take it around the block every weekend, and then drive it back home in reverse. wouldnt that work?

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/0/9/75139009.htm

I hate terms like 'mint condition' or 'perfect interior' and as far as the 49000 original miles thing goes I'd like to see some compelling documentation for that mileage since these care have 5 digit odometers. IMO no 280 worth that asking price. I'm not knocking 280s, I own one. I just don't think their value has reached that point yet.

why would anyone spend 25,000 for a car to just sit in the garage under a cover..

Hello everyone! I'd like to preface this post with a big 'shout-out' and thanks to the illustrious admin of this beloved site, without whom this discussion wouldn't even be possible. I think we should each take a few moments each day to turn our thoughts to the guy behind the curtain as they say, the one who makes it happen, the MAN WITH THE PLAN - of course I'm referring to Mike - the PHP wizard of classiczcars.com. Again thanks Mike for making this all happen for us members and the thousands of guests whose lives are geared up a notch each time they visit this place that some of us may even call home.

Someone might spend that much with the hope that at some point in the future it will be worth much, much more. Some people invest in the stock market - others in vintage cars. It may be overpriced at this point but still, a less than 5k "Z" is hard to find.

I hope somebody does spend that amount of money for the car. Every time a classic Z sells for an outlandish amount, insurance companys, car collectors and appraisers take notice. This is how Hagertys determines the value of some "other" classics. The more someone can get for their car, the better we all are as it tends to increase the value of our Z's.

Pricey yes, but I like to see Z's going (or at least trying) to sell for that amount.

Vicky