IGNORED

toyota engine compatability

scrote

So I assume we have some machinists on board here?.not all toyota engine are the same,they all don't last as long as you might think.however some are better than others.whens the last time you saw a rod hanging out the side of an L-series?not often. all engine manufactures have there down sides.I'm not partial to any.I just know what works and what does not.and as far as reliability.I just removed the VG30DE from my own car it has 307896 miles on it and it still runs great![converting to a VG30DETT]And last week I removed a

L-24 with 'I $^!# you not' 400k+miles on it.and it still ran fine.tore it down to see cross hatch in the cylinders.also removed a toyota 3VZE v6 with 300k+

on it. it really doesn't matter what engine you use as long as you take care of it..........it's all about what floats your boat.

p.s. philUK is that a picture of of you install? thats sweet!

JZM [Johnny Z Motorsports]

you've seen all those older Zs out there right? you know the ones with there

original engines.How many toyotas have you seen with the same age still running and on the road?makes you think doesn't it?[just a little Z owner humor].

JZM

i do not know too much about nissan engines but i very much doubt i could get a lighter weight more reliable engine than the 1uz. these things are bulletproof.

VH45DE, VH41DE, RB26DETT etc etc

The problem with all the V8's is there is no manual box and custom bellhousings are expensive.

It sounds like you need to do more research, take some measurements etc as with both the nissan VH and toyota 1UZ, your only going to have a few cm clearance on each side of the engine bay, no room for error.

I'm sorry JZM, I didn't mean to insult your experience.

I didn't mean that all toyota engines are the same, I was just referring to the engines that were mentioned before i.e 1jz, 2jz, and the list goes on. In my experience modern toyota engines are generally more reliable than there nissan counterparts.

P.S. The only substitute for displacement is technology.(even though I have a V8 RX7)

every article i have read that has done a comparrison of the 6 & 8 from the toyota nissan variety has come up with the 2jz winning the 6 and the 1uz winning the 8.

as for old datsuns running on many ks... any engine thats looked after will do that. my suzuki hatch 800cc has over 450,000ks on the original engine and runs fine. and i see alot more old celicas on the road than i do 240z.

with the 1uz being able to hold more power thru stock internals than the nissan counterpart and the more available aftermarket parts, combined with the very cheap price of 1-1.5k aus they are my choice.

and i have measured everything up and they will fit just fine!!

every article i have read that has done a comparrison of the 6 & 8 from the toyota nissan variety has come up with the 2jz winning the 6 and the 1uz winning the 8.

as for old datsuns running on many ks... any engine thats looked after will do that. my suzuki hatch 800cc has over 450,000ks on the original engine and runs fine. and i see alot more old celicas on the road than i do 240z.

with the 1uz being able to hold more power thru stock internals than the nissan counterpart and the more available aftermarket parts, combined with the very cheap price of 1-1.5k aus they are my choice.

More celicas?must be just were you live.not so here in the US.as far as the 1uz being able to hold more power than it's nissan counter part that has yet to be seen.unless your a engineer, machinist or have lots of exp.under your belt,how would you know this to be able to make a statement like that?

JZM

I would like to see the article comparing the VH45DE with the 1UZ as I am sure the extra 0.5L displacement would come in handy, or even the smaller VH41DE.

I have seen the 1UZ in a 260Z, I was going to put a late model V8 in mine until I saw how much clearance there was. I know they will fit, but I wouldnt say they would fit just fine

:classic:

yeah there are not many 240z around here in oz at all. and any left go at a premium price. maybe not as many were sold.

i will look for the article as mentioned and try to scan it in if you like.

as for power rating i can only go off those that i talk to that are into high hp drag cars and the like. yes the 1uz has less cc so is overlooked a lot of the time but with the ability to handle 8oohp with factory internals means a lot more people are using this as a base engine for there drag cars.

as for fitment there is some issue with pipework etc that will be a snug fit but as a bare engine it fits nice. should also prove a good weight displacement.

out of interest does anyone know how much the VH45DE weighs. as a bare engine.