IGNORED

How much rust is Too Much

Splice

Originally posted by 240Zdragon72

I have some rust problems myself. How do you have to replacement the top half of your rear 1/4 panels? Do I have to cut them from another 240Z?

Bad news is top of the rear quarter is a swine to repair as I don't believe repair patches are made by anyone.

Good news is a lot of z's in scrapyard should have this section intact as it isn't normally a bad rust spot.

What happened to your rear bumper!!!. Did you try and give a 30 ton truck a tow start!!!!:classic:

The bumper was like that when I got her. The front was bad also. They were the first things to come off as well as the hood. If you look in my gallery you can see photos of what she looked like and how she is now. Photo "Me and the Lady" was taken 3 weeks ago. Not much has changed sence then. I want to put my fender mirrors on, but I need new fenders also. It is killing me. I guess patience now will be rewarded later.

Thanks for the info, Abas.

These where taken at the same time. Notice I "tried" to stop the rust, but now, after bondo, it cracked. The guy I got the car from had speed tape on the doors to cover the rust. Now the tape has peeled off and makes the car look ugly.

New doors are in order. Should I go with just the skins or whole new doors? The insides are good, but the striker on the pass. side does not work well, and the doors don't lock.

I had planned on shaving the doors and putting poppers on. Security is one thing, but when you can't lock your doors or your hatch, it is time to think of other ways to. I'd really like to put a popper on the hatch. I might have to anyway? The 432 spoiler looks like it goes right over the hatch lock.

Does any other nissan/Datsun retailer sell locks for the doors and hatch? I would assume they come as a set. They would have to use the same key.

Thanks.

ps. photos are in the next thread...sorry.:sleepy:

COmplete new locksets are virtually unavailable for S30's. A guy from Courtesy Nissan posted on our site and was selling the last few he had in stock last winter. Price was $215 plus shipping if I recall correctly. Several of us jumped on them like they were Jessica Simpson. :D

Well after pulling the engine.. I am sad to say that there is too much rust on the chasis on the passenger side to do anything with.. I started removing rust in one spot and made a nice 2' long hole in the frame.. so guess I will be looking for a Donor chassis car while I rebuild the engine and transmission.. that will be hard to find here in Michigan since most everything older than yesterday has rust on it.

Originally posted by 240Zdragon72

Was that one of yours, Mr Camouflage? :cry: I have been meaning to ask you... What cartoon is your avater from? I assume it is a Z from the tail lights.

Nope Not my car. My floors are almost rust free.

The picture. I dunno I found it somewhere. Someone told me its from a cartoon called "Your Under Arrest". Its a 240z.