IGNORED

Seat belt anchor bolt size

Zvoiture

Anyone know the thread/pitch of the two big anchor bolts for the seat belt in 1gen? I have a 5-gallon bucket of bolts and have tried every one and there is one that is 'close' but feels loose and the next one up won't thread int he hole. Is this an odd one?

steve

WOW! They fit PERFECT. Amazing. Would this have something to do with DOT belts being installed maybe at port or something? But I can't imagine the nuts being 'retained' in the frame at the factory for this size???? I wonder what size they are on UK-delivered cars and such.... If this is TRULY 7/16-20 and not actually a metric bolt that 7/16-20 fit perfectly, then it is truly odd.

steve

Originally posted by gema

Mine were 17mm (if we're talking about the bolts that hold the seatbelt assemblies to the floorpan). 5/72 240z.

On mine a 16mm socket is slightly loose as is a 5/8 socket but not as loose. 5/8" is 15.875mm. Something makes me think that the seat belt bolts really are standard and not metric but I don't have a good way of measuring the threads. Eyeballing it with a ruler looks like the thread diameter is 7/16" and the and the pitch is 20 threads per inch as was stated previously.

Talking about bolts, where can I get a list of correct bolt sizes/lengths for the 240Z ? I would like to order a set of new bolts for various parts and this would help. Is it worth replacing with stainless steel instead ?