IGNORED

Mystery Dash Clock

Razor

I was heading to work this morning and I stopped my car to get coffee, turn the engine off and I hear ticking noice.... and i looked at the clock in my instrument panel and it started working!

it wasnt working since I bought the car, and all of a sudden its working again!

I'm happy !!! :classic:

guess what!

it stopped working yesterday 1 PM and i was pushing my dash yesterday tapping the clock and all of a sudden it started ticking again! Must be a loose connection!

right now its in the garage and the clock is still working...

I'll check the connection later there's two long weekends coming up soon anyway (AUST)

• 4 weeks later...

my clock started working after i installed a stereo head unit... but like yours alfa it doesnt run on time... slow i think... any reason for this? i havnt really thought into it as i dont pay attention to it but it would be nice to have a clock that works on time!

cheers

Guys

I've heard a variety of suggestions for those who want a working clock.

1) clean the internal mechanism thoroughly with thinner, and relube

2) replace with a later quartz clock.

3) for the real purist with money burning a hole in their pocket, there are some places that will replace the innards of the clock with a later quartz mechanism but keep the Jeco face so it looks like the earlier clock.

On RHD cars you can get the clock out by taking the glove box out first, no need to remove the dash or heater panel.

Hope it helps

Andrew

Originally posted by Alfadog

hi mate,

I *think* it is most likely because the internals need some lubrication, from what I've heard about slow-running clocks in Z's... anybody else have any possibilities?

There's actually a dial/knob on the back of the K's clock to adjust the speed faster or slower.

Just pull it out, pull the case apart, pull the motor off and connect it to a battery, and if it spins, then its working. screw it back on and lube the spindles with sewing machine oil, put it back together, connect it to a battery and see if it goes. it it doesnt giv it a bit of a shake.

That what i did. and I left it sitting on my desk, connected to a battery for a couple of weeks. If you'd seen my car you would understand why.