IGNORED

another K owner

C110GTR

gday everyone,

I first found this site cause I’m a bit of a Z fan and have friends who own and race 240 and 260Zs. I joined up a while ago when I saw some discussion about C110GTR stuff, and have had a bit of a chat with Lachlan about some GTR bits and pieces for my 240K coupe, but I’ve never got around to posting. But now that there’s a 240K section I thought I should say hi.

My 240K coupe is patiently waiting for a restoration. I bought it as is almost 2 years ago now, with some minor front end damage, stuffed paint, dodgy flares, and a 4.4l alloy V8 with Supra 5spd :classic:. It’s a rover based engine (which was based on a Buick engine) out of the Aussie Leyland P76. They’ve got 192bhp standard, and this one has a mild cam, headers and Holley carb so should be a bit more than that figure – around 220bhp. It does get up and go OK, but its not registered anymore. Not sure wether to keep the V8 in there or go for a Nissan 6 of some description. The V8 conversion needs some reworking to get it all under the bonnet because I hate bonnet scoops.

I have a couple of other Skylines too, a boring Aus R31 for getting around everyday and an imported R30 coupe with L20ET (turbo) engine which I’m currently respraying. I’ll probably end up selling that one to fund the 240K project. I’ve also got a Datsun 1200 race car with heavily worked L18 engine that I use for hillclimbs and sprints. The 240K will just be a bit of a cruiser and maybe do an event every now and then.

I’ll try and post a pic of my 240K and while I’m at it I’ll see if I’ve got any decent photos of my mates Z cars too.

Harry

It sounds like you may be the owner of the one that i saw pictures of on the Dastun1200 forums, it's a purple or a blue colour of sorts isnt it? If that's you.

Welcome anyway, look forward to seeing more pictures (if that was you) or some pictures (if it wasn't). :)

yeah kyteler that's me.

It's great to find a place with other enthusiastic 240K owners. You know what surpised me most about the K when I got it home? a tilt adjustable steering column in a '73 model car! really didn't expect that...

Yeah, there's all kinds of neat things about them, I've got an official Nissan printed 240K Brochure and the various things I've discovered on the net have surely been interesting.

The JDM 2000GT-X for example came with electric windows as an option, as well as a radio, a cassette player and air-conditioning. :)

Very cool feature indeed. It might also interest you that in Japan the GT-X came with electric windows! :bunny:

edit: looks like Michael beat me to it :P Humm./.. I'll also add then that even the previosu model Skyline (C10) had electric windows on the GT-X model. :)

Welcome C110GTR!

I love 1200 coupes. I also like the r30 and r31 skyline coupes.

My parents almost bought one back in the 80's when mum was looking for a new car. I was in high school at the time and went car shopping with her. I tried to convince her to get the R30, but it was a manual, she wanted an auto, so she bought the toyota corona coupe because its an auto (might sitll be a pic of it in my gallery). She still owns it, but drives an 92 MX6 now. My brother drives the corona now. Pity really, as i would have loved to "Inherit" a R30 skyline coupe.

A friend of mine had a 81 2000GT coupe back in the 90's, with the L20ET. Ugly looking car, but fun to drive. Had power windows and a digital dashboard.

I love to read through the posts on the Skyline that you Aussie and NZ guys have. It seem to be such a tightly knit group. Lots of info over here on the Z and many sites to choose from. I, however, am a DATSUN nut. Not just a Z nut. I own a 1964 320 Pickup and there is also a lot of info about for that. But, I own a 1979 810 2dr. coupe. If you're not familiar with them it's kind of like your 200B with a stretched front end and an L24E. I feel kind of all alone with that one! Although it basically has a 'Z' drivetrain, I feel it has more of a kinship with the Skylines of that era. I tend not to post anything about my 810 because you know how they are here about anything that is not a first generation Z, but I do enjoy reading about the Skyline. That having been said now I'll just fall back and become an observer again.:classic:

Hi Stephen,

Good to know some others here enjoy our discussions- I'm sure if you ever do come across some troubles with your (immac.) 810 you'd be able to find help here... you just gotta ignore the haters! LOL

No hating here. I love all Datsuns. I drool over the Skylines that you guys down there have and wish we had them here in the states. I may own only a 240Z right now, but I'm always looking to acquire old Datsuns. My boss is trying to sell me his 69 2000 roadster right now.

Welcome to the boards Harry.

Tell your boss you'll buy it ROFL .

I've always wanted to drive one myself , never driven a convertible myslef :disappoin .

I'm not a big fan of a 240k in stock form but I do like the KPGC110 and C10's. So if you guys all dress yours into replicas i'll be happy :).

Oh and with Watanabe's on aswell :classic: .

BTW C110 GTR those Rover V8's were a popular swap in Z cars also . I don't know much about them apparently there a good motor but I prefer an L-Engine. I guess it depends on what your trying to achieve with the car :cheeky: .

I know what you mean Gav240z, I was never a fan of the 240K until I saw pics of the GTR version.

I'm very keen to get a set of the proper GTR flares that you guys have organised - great work btw!

Wantanabes might be a bit out of my budget. I have other plans for the wheels which should suit it pretty well. And once the back to metal respray is done (I'm leaning towards metallic silver) it should start to look the part. I've posted a pic of it in its current state in my gallery http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9723&password=&sort=7&thecat=500.

The alloy V8 has more power and is lighter than the L series six, and it sits further back in the chassis, so it should actually be a pretty good thing all round. Besides, it sounds great :classic:. The only hesitation I have is that sometimes it just doesn't quite feel right to have anything other than a straight six in a Skyline...