IGNORED

You Guys Gotta Hear This!

Datsun-Fever

Hey guys, i had just finished fixing my fuel pump, so i took it off the stands and decided to fire her up. So i got my mom out and she watched cause she really wanted to see, i started it and it sputtered, sputtered and popped then after a couple tries i started! after 3 seasoned mechanics had tried i actually fixed it. But thats not the funny part, as i gave it some gas somthing came out of the tail pipe.....DOG FOOD!!?? yea, funny how the mice store there food everywhere.....it was a site, looking back and seeing dog food firing out the back. But i got it started, thats the important thing.

Are you sure someone didn't "recharge" your catalytic converter?

Then again, how many miles do you get to the bag?

Or, maybe the PO thought you had to feed it back there in order to get the engine to "growl"...... ta da pum pum.....

ROFL

:stupid:

LOL

Looks like your "seasoned mechs" had too many pre-conceptions to figure out what was really going on.

Sometimes a "fresh" mind is better than an educated one...

Dog Food....Did the engine rin a "Dog" before??? ROFL

Do you fill theCAT-alytic convert with KAT-nip?? LOL

Something that causes a lot of problems and can be overlooked until many other things have been tried is the Vacuum Advance Mechanism in the distributor.

Take the cap off the rotor, and using the hose that connects to the vacuum solenoid pot, suck on it to create a vacuum. You should see the insides of the distributor rotate a few degrees. When you release the vacuum, it should return to where it was before. Both of these travels should be SMOOTH and not jerky.

Below the point plate there is a plastic plate that houses a few ball bearings. These are notorious for drying up and cracking, releasing the ball bearings and causing the vacuum advance mechanism to not work properly.

2¢

Enrique