Which oil cap? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Which oil cap?

Featured Replies

I have two oil caps one with the Japanese charaters surrounding the elephant, and one which says OIL in capital letters. Which is more desirable if at all and more rare. Thanks

Niether.

Ive seen so many on ebay claiming to be "RARE" If they are so rare then I must be sittin on a gold mine that I dont know about because I have about 15 of them.

Over the years, whenever I have seen an 'elephant' or other unusual oil cap I usually grab it. I have found mabye 30 or so elephant oil caps with the word OIL and only two without. I also have found three oil caps with only the word OIL with no other words or pictures. I believe the just plain 'OIL' cap was on the very first run of the 240 in 69 and maybe early 70. Mine was attached to a NISSAN 2400CC valve cover which I still have. There was a thread about the elephant oil cap sometime during the latter portion of last year. If you search 'elephant' I'm sure you'll find it. I would say the elephant cap without the word OIL would be the most rare.

Originally posted by ZmeFly

Niether.

Ive seen so many on ebay claiming to be "RARE" If they are so rare then I must be sittin on a gold mine that I dont know about because I have about 15 of them.

Do you have 15 of the caps with the elephant that do not have the word OIL on them? (See next post)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Yes, I think we've established that the generic "OIL" cap was on the early cars. I remember kats translated one of the elephant oil caps for us on another thread, but I can't find it right now.

Originally posted by mdbrandy

Yes, I think we've established that the generic "OIL" cap was on the early cars. I remember kats translated one of the elephant oil caps for us on another thread, but I can't find it right now.

The thread in which "kats" translates the japanese chaecters is:

ELEPHANT OIL CAP THREAD

2nd page, 7th post on that page

Actually the rarest one is the one that has 710 on it.

2¢

Enrique

Oh...Here we go again!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Originally posted by 26th-Z

Oh...Here we go again!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

I know. Hopefully some folks will view the previous thread and realize that it has already been discussed

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.