IGNORED

77 280z passenger side mirror??

dga

it seems as though some 77 280z have pass side mirrors while all 78 280z have pass side mirrors.

is this correct or is this a sign that the pass side door has been repaired without replacing the rear view mirror???

it seems a little strange but maybe this was a model change over quirk-- the later 77's had it while the earlier ones didn't

thx

• 7 years later...

it seems as though some 77 280z have pass side mirrors while all 78 280z have pass side mirrors.

is this correct or is this a sign that the pass side door has been repaired without replacing the rear view mirror???

it seems a little strange but maybe this was a model change over quirk-- the later 77's had it while the earlier ones didn't

thx

The passenger side mirror was an option in '77.

Not quite true. All US market 280Zs came with only a driver's side mirror with no other factory option. The only way that any US market 280Z, 75-78 would have a passenger side mirror would have been as a dealer installed or aftermarket option. dga, I'm not sure if the Canadian market was different.

Edited by sblake01

The Black Pearl and Zap cars had passenger side mirrors and a rear louver to go along with the graphics.
Those were part of the Special Decor Package(Zzzap)/Specal Appearance Package(BPE) as well as at the Datsun parts counter rather than a separate factory installed option. So, like I said earlier:
All US market 280Zs came with only a driver's side mirror with no other factory option.
Edited by sblake01

They were. Sports mirrors were available as over the counter or dealer installs since 1972 if not earlier as they are shown in the '240Z Coupe 1972 Accessories' brochure. Datsun dealerships also sold the plastic ones later. So I'll now amend my quote since we've added a 240Z to the mix:

All US market S30s came with only a driver's side mirror with no other factory option.
That should cover it.......

• 2 weeks later...