IGNORED

Hatch Vents and Tubes

texasz

Originally posted by mdbrandy

Does everyone out there with intact series 1 cars have the clips holding things together? I think we need a survey!

I have my grills attached using the C-clips and the barrel clips holding everything together.

Something else I just thought of....

New grills come with a piece of double-sided tape to help hold the center of the grill down to the hatch. Take that off and use a good piece of 3M double-sided tape. The stuff that comes on the grills now will let loose in about 2 months and then the center of your grills will be a little "springy." :bunny:

FYI from someone who's at that point and can't get the grills off to fix it w/o destroying them. :tapemouth

Hi,

I have got new rear hatch vent system parts from local nissan about two years ago,they were able to sell all of them.

My Z remained original old plastic vent parts when the restoration

was completed.I became to think I wanted to have new parts once I realised new parts were still available.

First I checked my U.S. catalog,then went to the local nissan.

They showed me a japanese S30's catalog and I was surprised

there were some un-identified parts related vent and duct.

I think Alan can help this.My opinion,description and irrustration of parts about them in japanese S30's catalog is very well to understand.

This photo shows sponge sealings that sticks itself on to the plastic box.I think this is a great to know this sponge sealing

is available separately.

kats

post-3193-14150793594305_thumb.jpg

I reglet I have installed new duct boxes already.I should take photos of them before installing.

This bag shows part number and these two tubes came from with duct boxes but were not applied.Why?Because these new tubes are made of plastic(but flexiable)I love original rubber tubes and mine are still soft and nice.So I remained original tubes.

kats

post-3193-14150793594784_thumb.jpg

Fantastic, kats! Thanks! The part number on that bag of clips does not appear in the US fiche at all, in the index or anywhere else. It is a little hard to see though the reflection in your picture - is it 90899-E4100? Or maybe 90829-E4100? I guess that makes more sense...

BTW, I have my rubber drain pipes too, and they look like they are much more robust than the plastic ones (I don't have my new plastic ones yet). I'll probably use them too, along with the new duct!

Thanks!

Hi mdbrandy,

Not a big deal, you bingo!!they are #90829-E4100

And U.S. catalog,key#64--- #08530-41620 "screw tapping M4"is funny.We do not use screws for vent grille much less from the top!!I guess this picture made a mistake,misunderstood from datsun 510 or something.I saw the went grille which is very similer to the S30's one.It is retained with screws from the top.

kats

post-3193-14150793597096_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by kats

And U.S. catalog,key#64--- #08530-41620 "screw tapping M4"is funny.We do not use screws for vent grille much less from the top!!I guess this picture made a mistake,misunderstood from datsun 510 or something.I saw the went grille which is very similer to the S30's one.It is retained with screws from the top.

We don't use screws either, whether the US catalog says we do or not! You're probably right - if another Datsun model used screws from the top for similar vents, then the fiche authors probably just got it wrong for the Z's .

Thanks!