IGNORED

Fuel vapor tank

ricksaia

Originally posted by ricksaia

Well gentlemen, I started the Z without the vapor tank and it ran great. Problem solved. I will have to take some pictures and post them. Very cool solution. Rick.

Of course it will "run". That should never have been in doubt.

What about being able to run the tank down to almost empty, and then to get a "FULL" fill up so the tank actually holds the 15.9 gallons it was designed to hold. IMO, that is where you "may" have problems. Well, at least; other people have had difficulty in this area.

• 2 weeks later...

Carl , the people that were having trouble with filling the tank were eliminating both large vent lines and using the small vent line from the top of the tank to do the venting to the filler neck. This caused a vary slow fill and fuel belched back up the filler neck because of the volume of liquid going in the tank was greater than the small vent line could handel . That or were using the lower vent line from the small end of the tank that is submerged when the tank is a little more than half full. Once the vent was submerged it couldent vent the air to the filler neck and the belching and slow fill was again the problem. Nissan does make the hose to do this "mod" , from what I have learned the evap tank was not required in all venues and was vented as Rick and myself have stock. Chloe has the hoses at $29. a copy. Again I don't know about the 280s tanks I havent seen one , just the '70 -- '73 Z .

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a thought--

You could take the charcoal cannister (280Z)( from the front and put it where the vapor tank was.

Or... just use the vapor tank in place of the cannister. Do you think the engine would evaporate the gas in the gas tank?

Or.... just chuck everything for a check valve letting air into the tank.