IGNORED

original jute material

kats

Hello,

Reacently I got jute pads for my240Z,I think material is same as original but I am not sure for cutting patterns.

If someone know the original patterns and can show the picture

of original here,please let me know.

Thanks

kats

post-3193-141507929608_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Kats

that's a great looking interior you have there!!!

I agree with the cut for the section that goes under the seat. Can't comment on the front footwells or the rear deck unfortuately.

You may already know this but there was a jute section behind the rear seat that goes part way up onto the stowage shelf. Mine from my 4/70 are pretty ragged but I might be able to ascertain the original cut if you can't get it from anywhere else.

Is that jack holding clip the original? Mine is different ( made mostly of rubber) whereas yours seems to be all metal.

Thank you abas and 26th-Z,

I have been thinking about same thing as you abas,

my jack holding clip is different from the one which I saw in the factory service bullutin for the JAPANESE fairlday.In that,clip looks

rubber band.

And 26th-Z showed pictures they are a kind of black,my jute is blown which seems to me not-added anything to the jute.

And the shape is "fat T"is same,but other ones are looks 71later to 73 Z.

Thanks

kats

I have no idea what year the eBay jute is from. The jute in my car is missing and I have been looking at older cars to determine the pattern myself!

I think you have the rear floor jute correct, Kats. Your front floor jute looks slightly different from the eBay picture. That jute appears to bend up the sides. ?

I know of several early cars in original condition and I was planning to copy their pattern, but I am not at that point with my restoration and the cars are hours from me involving a full day trip. I will post a pattern drawing in the future.

All the old jute I have seen is dark brown and I do not have a source for the material other than grey at the moment. I think the lighter brown is fine and it will darken with age and heat.

Thanks for the pictures, kats. I copied all of them for my reference. I sent you a PM.

Oh, I have a black rubber strap with metal rings on each end to hold the jack in place. My strap is broken. I would love a new one.