IGNORED

New Headliner Installed

KenFirch

I finally got around to installing the new headliner in the Z, which was missing when I bought it.  It wasn't too bad, was somehow able to do it without a second pair of hands.  I strung baling wire from the upper mirror mount to the interior light to drape it over as I worked it into place.  Then dropped each side to spray the glue and attach.

so here's the before:

post-29863-0-69419200-1429583293_thumb.j

And the after:

post-29863-0-28792800-1429583309_thumb.j

Still missing one hanger  :(

• Like 2

nicely done.

installing my headliner was second only to replacing the blower fan in generating the greatest cuss-per-minute rate. what a total pita. working upside down, gotta cram those edges under the perimeter trim, one-shot or nuthin w/that contact cement, mine looks a little wavy...

i hope yours was less stressful - you sure made it look easy!

Upon further review.....

I looked again the the parts bin & found 1 hanger in black with the locating pin still attached, the other 2 are grey, one a little lighter than the other, & both are missing the locating pins, the other one must be MIA as I can't seem to find it.  Sorry, but no screws come with these.  If you would like one of them, just give me your address in a PM or email & I will get one in the mail to you, remember the grey ones are missing the locating pins, however could be repaired if you are a 'handy Andy'.  :)

Bonzi Lon

Upon further review.....

I looked again the the parts bin & found 1 hanger in black with the locating pin still attached, the other 2 are grey, one a little lighter than the other, & both are missing the locating pins, the other one must be MIA as I can't seem to find it.  Sorry, but no screws come with these.  If you would like one of them, just give me your address in a PM or email & I will get one in the mail to you, remember the grey ones are missing the locating pins, however could be repaired if you are a 'handy Andy'.  :)

Bonzi Lon

Bonzi, PM sent, thanks!

Mine don't have pins, just a counter-bored hole for the screw.  And I have the screw.  In the picture above is shown the gray one I have if want to try matching the color.

Appreciate it,

Ken

Sending one out in the mail today.  After a good cleaning, the original ones are made of the dark grey plastic material.  The ones that were black looking were found to be painted black, the grey was visible on the back of each and some flaking of the paint overall.  I'm sure lots of them were painted black to match 'most' headliners, mine is white, but the hangers in my car still look black at a distance without direct light.

Bonzi Lon

Sending one out in the mail today.  After a good cleaning, the original ones are made of the dark grey plastic material.  The ones that were black looking were found to be painted black, the grey was visible on the back of each and some flaking of the paint overall.  I'm sure lots of them were painted black to match 'most' headliners, mine is white, but the hangers in my car still look black at a distance without direct light.

Bonzi Lon

Lonnie, a $5 bill in the mail to you. Appreciate it!

Thanks,

Ken