IGNORED

280zx turbo fuel problem

spoolinitup33

My friend just picked up a 1982 280zx turbo with 99,004 miles on it for $500!!!! We pretty much got a steal on this car. It WILL run if you turn it over and spray starter fluid into the intake. So I know it's getting spark, and it actually idles alright for a few seconds after you spray the starter fluid in. I'm almost 100% sure that the injectors are stuck. I stripped some of the wire cover off two of the wires going to one of the injectors and put my volt meter on there to check. When he turns the car over, it shows voltage, so the injectors should be opening right? It has olllddd gas in it, but I know it's not getting into the combustion chamber because there's nothing on the spark plugs if you take them out after turning it over. I think this car has been sitting about 8 years, so it would make sense to me that the injectors could be bad. I know the fuel pump is coming on because you can take the feed line from the pump off of the fuel rail and turn the car to on and it sprays gas out. I do know a pretty good bit about cars, i just completed a SR20DET swap in my '72 Datsun 510. Any help would be appreciated. If we can get this car running for not much more money, this really will be an absolute steal!!!

The first thing you should do is drain out all the old gas, clear the system, install a new filter, check the tank for crud (it's there, trust me), pull the fuel pump and check the little screen on the intake side (assuming it's a stock pump), check and clean all the electrical connections you can find. All of them.

And once everything is clean, put in new gas.

Check your vacuum lines, replace as needed, or just replace them all-doesn't cost much.

The first thing you should do is drain out all the old gas, clear the system, install a new filter, check the tank for crud (it's there, trust me), pull the fuel pump and check the little screen on the intake side (assuming it's a stock pump), check and clean all the electrical connections you can find. All of them.

And once everything is clean, put in new gas.

Check your vacuum lines, replace as needed, or just replace them all-doesn't cost much.

Yeah that's what I planned on doing is draining out the old fuel and replacing the fuel filter. But that doesn't really have anything to do with my problem. I know the fuel is getting up to the rail so I know there's nothing restricting the flow up to the fuel rail. And the FPR isn't blocking the fuel from getting back to the tank, either.