IGNORED

Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade for the 240Z

Yes, you are correct. Blue/white goes to 86. I figured that out when I was doing mine and asked Dave Irwin about it and we determined there was a mistake in the original posting with the pin assignments, but apparently it hasn't been fixed yet on the site. Blue/white is the ground reference for the relay when it is turned on. Pin 86 is the ground point of the relay.

Greg

• 4 months later...

I know its been 5 months since you last addressed this problem but I have a question. I used a 97 Accord wiper motor. They look near identical to the 91 civic but when I did the wiring using your relay I only have high speed and park. I did one modification to the wiring and I have both high and low speed but it doesn't park. The 97 motor has the identical 5 wires and same color code. What do you think I need to do? With it wired the way I have it even though I have 2 speeds the high speed has a small pulsation in it. The 2 speeds are nice but having it park would be great.

A wiper motor from a 1995 Acura Integra works also. With your wiring diagram everything worked on it and the drive shaft was notched to fit right on the Z swing arm. I found that the 97 accord motor works perfectly with your wiring, you just have to notch the drive shaft.

Thanks for your help.

Clean and lube is a great idea.

I didn't do mine when I did the conversion last summer, and now only high speed works. Its ok though because I'm going to add a wiper delay circuit I made up and will have to take it all apart to add that, so I'll clean and lube it then.

Greg

I have a solid yellow wire left over from the Z motors wiring harness, anyone know where it should go ? All the other wire colors match the wiring diagram.

Once again, The yellow wire is part of the intermittent system. Ignore it. That wire is present on a lot of 72's and 73's even though the wiper may only be a 2 speed without int. wiper set-up.

Dave.

I'm confused about all the 'delay' stuff.

By delay, you mean the adjustable intermittent timing, like newer cars have? I"m satisfied with the oem intermittent setting, so if that works plus slow & fast, I'll be happy.

I'm going to take my linkage out again over the winter, and not only clean things, but I'll try to polish the axles and put in a sealed bearing for the middle. I found out that the metal shims were rusted and bent, so the wipers were jittery, but I put it together for ZCON anyway.

thxZ

Yeah, the delay is like a modern car. You used to be able to buy little aftermarket delay boxes like Dave got for his, but they no longer sell them in parts stores, so I found a circuit and built myself one, but haven't incorporated it into the car yet....ran out of good weather and just haven't gotten back to it yet.

Since my Z is a '72 it doesn't have intermittant wipers stock, and I like the idea of adjustable delay, which is why I built the circuit. If you've got delay already on yours, its only single speed, but if it works, so much the better. Certainly less hassle than adding in a delay box like what I'm doing.

Greg

• Mike featured this topic