IGNORED

05 convention-the great northeast z adventure!

1 tuff z

hey all, we're ready and geared up for the 2005 international z car convention. we've appropriately named it the "great northeast z adventure!"

full details and registration forms are now available at:

www.zccaconvention.com

highlights: great upstate ny wine country and the finger lakes area, peoples choice and nationally judged car show, hot and warm lapping at the famous watkins glen international [wgi], autocross, lining up historic z cars [working on z cars #6 & #8 to show as well as carl beck's bre rallye car-currently under restoration], and much more!

spots are limited for both the hot laps [drivers school] and auto-x, so don't delay or you may not get in.

i personally look forward to zeeing everyone here in upstate ny this august.

by the way, if you know of a z related business that would benefit by partnering with us to sponsor this event, please let me know!

thanks, david

David A. Palermo

President, ZCCR

Z Car Club of Rochester

2005 ZCCA Convention Sponsor & Track Day Co-Chair

www.zccaconvention.com

Phone: 585.272.0080 x13

Fax: 585.272.0096 LOL

• 3 weeks later...

a quick update on the events calendar. for both the track day [hot lappers] and autocross events we have a limited number of spots available. track hot lap can accomodate 80, we have approximately 58 remaining. auto-x max is 60, about 50 left there.

warm or parade laps at watkins glen, we can accomodate whomever would like to participate-so come on up.

i wanted to, as track day co-chair, give everyone ample notice of the limits. i'd register early so you can guarantee your spot! yes, i already have mine...

• 1 month later...

hey all, this weekend we [the z convention board] decided to create an incentive to continue to drive registration! here's how it works; the club that has the greatest total number of registrants between the time registration opened [back about 2 months ago] until july 15th will win $250 cash for their club!!

no strings, catches or anything-EXCEPT this is NOT open for the NY clubs!

so, what's my point here...i think u know-get to the website, print the forms, fill them out, write that check [yes, we'll have paypal access...soon!] and send it in-BEFORE July 15Th!!

david

• 1 month later...

hmmm, sure i'll broker you my friends new 350 for...let's say...hmm, ahh, how about, well...LOL. sorry, i couldn't resist.

anyway, i don't know of any local rental companies that even rent the 350z. i'd suggest that you do a search for a syracuse [i'm in rochester, about 1.5 hours away] for sports car rental companies and see if you can locate anyone.

david

bummer that the 26th Z won't be able to make it!!

Do any of you guys up there in NY know where I can rent a 350Z for the week? I would like to do the track day.

Ahhh, memories of the days when you could rent a Hertz Mustang. Most people took them to the drag strip and returned (or at least tried) them with the rear tires nearly in shreads.

I do believe the 350Z would be returned with a "tire feathering" problem these days. ROFL .Wasn't that a major complaint on most of those cars.

Have fun Chris, wish we could make it again.

Vicky

We have sports car rental places here in Sarasota. I could go down the street and rent a Ferrari by the hour. There is a place renting Harleys by the hour. Good idea, but I think I should exert some prudence and play one of my "cheapskate" cards. I did sign up for the historic Watkins Glen track tour. Perhaps I'll go down to the Nissan dealer in Syracuse and ask for a test drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Z ya there, Ed! I'm so damned excited I can't stand it! We arrive early Monday evening and hope to make the Texas Chili party. Missed it last year. I'm going to do the track tour instead of my wild scheme to "borrow" a demo 350Z from the dealer for a "test drive". I suppose we'll fill up the rental car with the "Florida Gurus Without Cars" and hoot around shouting obscenities.

Did you say shouting or shooting? Chris, I might be able to take you out in the club race car. A little rough around the edges but good enough for Steve Millen to take Mr. K for a ride (that's the plan as of today 'cause we have the only race car with a passenger seat installed). See you there!!!

Wish we could make it up there with all the "Florida Gurus". Sounds like it's going to be a blast. I know when we went in 2003 it was great. The northeast Z car guys and gals are a fantastic bunch.

John, watch out for those Florida boyz, if the temp drops below 75, they'll be frisky so don't leave the keys to any Z's in the ignition LOL

Have fun everybody and take lots of pictures.

Vicky