jjohnson's Content - Page 2 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

jjohnson

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jjohnson

  1. Hi guys, I currently own a rust free 1971 240z Build No.#692? (RHD) which I bought a week ago with no gearbox or engine in sight. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were in putting an RB20DET (nissan inline 6) back into the 240z... I sort of feel bad doing it to such an early build car but considering the engine bay was empty when I bought it, i don't feel so bad.. Thanks for any thoughts, Sean p.s. pics of the rb are in my gallery, will have the 240 loaded up once i get photos of it
  2. any updates on these guages?? thinking of pre-ordering... Do they still need 20??
  3. hey 240zguy, I've recently bought the 7 channel shaved door handle kit with 35lbs solenoids...Once I get them on the 240 i will post for ya
  4. Yeah..I've agreed on a price, now just have to wait until I can transport it, there are a few z's in the way of mine. originality isn't an issue really, I just like the look of the original interior, will go to a local shop and ask them on what to do. I will need to buy a new centre console from VB though as there isn't one and I can't get hold of one either.
  5. I'm pretty keen on this 240 that Ian has. Had a panelbeater friend come and have a look at it, there's no rust, welds have been done and new floorpans welded in. the body is not perfectly straight, but no rust is always a good start I think Ian said something about you being interested in it earlier? Ian's going to throw in most of the interior except door panels and centre console for abit more cash, so I think i'm just going to get it re-upholstered. save me abit of money...
  6. i contacted frank the day he bought the cars and showed my interest in the 240 shell... contacted him several times saying I wanted to buy it and he said he was interested in selling, then tells me people are looking at it on the weekend (2 weeks ago) and that he would email me a couple of days later... hasn't done so who knows what's happening with it I don't
  7. Haha.. yeahh I saw the article.. not a fan of the dash or chromes but yeah, a nice car none the less. Have talked to a few people over there but mostly all are doing the RB25 or 26 as it's U.S. based due to the cost of getting an engine over there. Hey cammo, yeah.. saw it in the paper the other day... I'm pretty keen on doing the RB swap and $5000 for a car that I wouldn't be keeping either engine or gearbox is too much. The car I'm looking at is one of Ian's so I'm hoping he might be able to help me out with the interior aswell.. will have to talk to him about it, Do you know anything about the 240 for $5k?
  8. ahh k... Thanks for the info.. will start searching Yeah. that's the thing, the body looks to have very little rust if any, a small bubble on the passenger door Car had all the rust cut out and welded new in, new floorpans etc. trust me.. Rust is my priority, hard to find a rust free Z for cheap though. The car has no interior, gearbox or engine.. the car has no rust to my knowledge.. will find out soon w/ a panelbeater The reason I'm looking at this is I plan on doing an RB20DET R32 swap into it :devious: so kinda perfect except for the interior situation
  9. Gee, do you happen to have the details for either store? Numbers etc? or do they have websites, thanks ! I think I might end up going with a parts car or something.. take some off a 240 being separated. with the rear strut caps Gee, do the 280zx strut caps fit? as their are a LOT of red zx's.. just a thought.
  10. G'day all, I'm looking at purchasing a 1971 240Z, the problem is it has no interior... all carpets, panels and roofing are not there.. It does have a restored dash though, the seats are original but torn. I live in Perth, WA.. and was wondering if you guys would recommend anywhere to buy basically a whole interior or any other advise for the situation i'm in. Just trying to see what sort of price I would be looking at. Also if anyone has gone with a white interior, considering i'll be buying a whole new one... and if the black dash can be converted Thanks for any advice, Sean
  11. Yeah.. I had a look at the link on autotrader.. Couldnt find any details or contact numbers for it Just said '240Z' as the description...
  12. that silver Z looks pretty dam nice.... cept for the spoiler wish it was about $3k less
  13. that silver Z looks pretty dam nice.... cept for the spoiler wish it was about $3k less
  14. Yeah...well what are you looking for?
  15. Hoping to get no less than $4k.
  16. jjohnson commented on jjohnson's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  17. jjohnson commented on jjohnson's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  18. hahah... yeah i didnt go to the last one cos i dont own a 1st gen... yet have checked out the site... it has been down for the last week on my computer, duno whats going on there. yeah.. the 280zx is ready for painting after hours of pain... haha once its painted i'm going to sell it, then look at a 240z/260 2 seater manual...NO RUST haha so many hassles with rust sean
  19. The thermotime switch pins were measured for continuity with the engine hot and cold after cleaning the harness connections and switch. So im pretty sure its the thermotime switch Thanks, Sean
  20. sblake, your right... Problem started from rough idling when cold..thought at first it couldve been a vacuum leak, couldnt figure out the problem and had it checked out... Need a thermo switch, not a cold start valve. might change the original post to thermo switch, Thanks for the heads up Sean.
  21. hey all, is it just me cos whenever im out i seem to just get sucked towards any zs i see on the road Just wondering if anyone here is the owner of a 240/260z 2 seater taking the corner onto canning hwy from Berwick Street ...31st of march, at about 7:30... turned onto mill pt. from there Any one other zeder's live in sth perth area?
  22. Hi all, I'm in need of a thermo switch for my 280zx 81' and live in perth, w.a, If anyone knows where I could get one w/ out paying $140 for a brand spanking new one that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Sean

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.