McGuinn's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

McGuinn

New Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by McGuinn

  1. McGuinn commented on blitzkraig's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  2. The rear drums are stuck. I sprayed a whole can of wd-40 and let it sit over night. I banged on them with a 10lb hammer and a wood block for 4 1/2 hours; wont budge. I would hate to set a torch to them. Is there some type of chemical I could use to take these off. Mc
  3. Thanks Roberto, Is there a flowmaster kit made for the 240z or will I just have to take it down to the muffler shop and have them install it? From what I hear the muffler setup I want will probably be the flowmaster. I like the purr yet lots of power. Right now on my Z there’s a 1-foot gap between the inlet and the muffler. Really loud! Will the Flowmaster give me the most power? I like the sound but I want a system that will give me the most power. Thanks for the info. Mc
  4. Makes perfect sense, I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks
  5. I have a 1971 240z and I drive up to the mountains frequently but when I go up to the 5000-foot level and higher the engine seems to lack power do to the thinning of the air. For instance, I have to push on the gas more to keep the RPM, it basically feels like a power loss. I have the old stock air intake and was wondering if I had to change it to help the engine breath a bit better. I recently changed the filter but to no avail. I just started restoring this Z and I am a rookie when it comes to engine work. Any help would be much appreciated.
  6. Is there a web site for MSA? Or a phone number I could reach them with? Thanks for the replies!!
  7. I have a 1971 240z and was wondering if anyone new where I could find the caps for the 2 reservoirs on the master cylinder? I appreciate all of your help!!
  8. I just acquired a 1971 240z sportser. I noticed that the exhaust pipe under the car has rusted away leaving a 1 foot gap in the middle of the pipe. I wanted a good system but didn’t know what to buy. I would appreciate if someone could give me a recommendation. Thanks again, Mc

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.