Cold Air Induction - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cold Air Induction

Featured Replies

owenk,

A 2.4liter Z engine is 158 cubic inches.

At 7,000 RPM it fills that volume every four revs (4 cycle engine), or 1750 times.

In five minutes thats 8,750 times, or 1,386,000 cubic inches(802 CUBIC FEET).

MY friend(crew chief of Lemans 24 hours winner, 26 national SCCA championships, IMSA GTU champion, collector of royalities from Ford, Mazda & Lotus, and alround brilliant race mechanic) says that was enough (ok, 10 minutes) to lean out a fully trick engine enough to stall.

I didn't see it happen, I just belive the numbers.

Sorry you took it wrong but I was just being funny with the situation

To be honest I thought of exactly the same thing , I am not saying your full of crap or anything I believe it I just thought it was funny also :).

I've seen this happen when running uninstalled air craft engines. It happens a lot quicker and the air does get noticeably thinner.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.