IGNORED

Lead footed B's.

1 Bravo 6

The only way to really reduce tragedies IMO, is for people to mature as a whole. You might say that people in general haven't changed too much since the Industrial age began, becoming more technologically sophisticated doesn't mean that we can make safe use of what is here for us.

Like the drug use pandemic, or smoking, if people were REALLY mature, they would be happy without these things. It just takes a lot of TIME. Hopefully the world will survive until then.

I don't want to end up like Mr Volvo (only kidding)

Hey, I come from a 5 volvo family, we can safely say its something that is bread into you. I wouldn't be too worried.

Rusty1 very poignant post. Just remember that by having a father who respects and is knowledgeable of the dangers of cars, your kids are much safer than so many others. I can safely say that both my car nut mates, and not guys who drive 'sick' VL's, just regular people who have been interested in cars for their entire life are the safest drivers I know.

And interestingly, female friends who thought that the car only had one gear when it was an automatic are the ones that make me feel unsafe.

-David

• 5 years later...

I got busted a couple weeks ago for doing 67 in a 45 zone. All I was doing was coasting down this hill. But it was my own damn fault. Cool thing is that the cop said that since I was honest with him, he let me go with a 60 in a 45(since 65 or faster would've been an additional fine). I learned my lesson: Don't go that way anymore, go another way. Hahaha I'm such a smartass!