IGNORED

Parts Swapping 240K Sedan to Coupe

Razor

There is an anomoly... both pairs of GT-R lights I have are the same, and from various pictures they seem to be correct in operation... HOWEVER! the outer light bulbs are a dual filament bulb also (and socket). But the second filament doesn't get used.

Whatever the case, this means that with a bit of altered wiring you should be able to get the outer lights to intensify when braking also, without changing the sockets.

I think...

Like I said, both lights are like this, and from pictures it seems that that's how they're meant to be. I replaced a few bulbs that were dead / dull and tried swapping them all about. But this is how they are.

Attached is a picture of a sedan... not a GT-R but I think they'd be the same. I also recall seeing on the front cover of a magazine a GT-R with only the inner lights on. This doesn't seem to answer the mystery about the dual filament bulbs on the outside, though.

For what its worth... at least some R33's have only the outer lights for braking, as well as at least some R34's. And I saw a Turbo R30 just the other day with the inner lights lighting up only.

All a bit fishy though, I've emailed a couple of webmasters from Japanese sites - maybe they will be able to help.

post-1243-14150793530241_thumb.jpg

Lachlan,

Could be that a dual filament globe was put into the outers just by accident or was the only globe on hand for a quick replacement. If the outer sockets are "two wired" only then I'd say this is the case.

By the looks of the pics it suggests that the inner lamps are brake and tail combination, with the outer tail only.

One other question I have for you; what offset is recommended for the C110 GTR, rear in particular...

Thanks