Can I remove this - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Can I remove this

Featured Replies

Note in the first pic that the voltage regulator and the fuel filter clip have both been moved rearward. The VR has been turned vertically and mounted partially on top of the manufacturer's plate. The outline of the VR's original mounting position can still be seen in the pic. They were probably moved to make room for the device.

I didn't see the electcrical connectors (*rubs eyes*).

Air horns for sure.... and one of those relays would be for the pump too.

  • Author

ok if I was guessing I would have to go with air horns , actually can't make out what it was bit there was alot of it , it connected to my ignition a relay , not sure if I have more electrical issues but I doubt it and 4 toggle switches and two relays inside the engine compartment , from another post , not real big on electrical, this is my first z with anytype of electrical probs , here the pics of the carnage and after pics , thanks All :D Jeff

post-4995-14150793319591_thumb.jpg

  • Author

this is the motor before me starting on it , got the car for 450 so I couldn't complain , will have full car shots hopefully tomarrow

  • Author

ok all my old motor pics are too large to post so heres a new motor pic with the 400 lbs of air horn stuff removed

post-4995-14150793319907_thumb.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

The carbon cannister is really big. Like 6 inches diameter and 11 inches tall. No wires going to it, either.

Nice throttle links! Are those new?

Yeah, too shiny-

are those vacuum hoses going to the carbs from the firewall, over the tops?

Originally posted by TomoHawk

are those vacuum hoses going to the carbs from the firewall, over the tops?

Those are the Choke Cables.

  • Author

yes nice new linkage thanks to z therapy , it helped alot to remove the smog stuff , not quite done still have a few hoses I am deciding what to do with but a great improvement

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.