'74 260Z 4BBL Intake - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'74 260Z 4BBL Intake

Featured Replies

Norm12secdude is he turns in he 12s with SUs on pump gas and street tires in his driver '70 240 . send him a PM , he is a great guy and ask him about it. Gary

The "mandatory upgrade" comment came from a 260Z owner. Well, I suppose even the 4 bbl would be an improvement over the 260Z flat-tops. But when I yank the injection out of my car, it's getting round-top SUs.

Without opening up the 'flat top can of worms once again just let me say that a four barrel has no place on a Z even in place of flat tops. You have injection on your 71? 280/280zx type injection? If so, was it installed properly with all the components?

Without opening up the 'flat top can of worms once again just let me say that a four barrel has no place on a Z even in place of flat tops. You have injection on your 71? 280/280zx type injection? If so, was it installed properly with all the components?

Yup, off an '83 ZX. Yes, it has all the components, but no it was not installed properly. Pretty much cobbled together by a previous owner (twice removed). I thought about trying to debug it, but the guy I bought the car from is giving me a set of '71 SUs with manifold and airbox. I figure it'll be simpler to go back to the carbs than it would be to fix the injection, as I'd pretty much have to start over.

Well, in that case I'd switch to SUs. It's tough enough to work with FI as installed by Nissan, though I've become fairly adept at it, but I wouldn't want to attempt to sort out someones home installation.

  • 2 weeks later...

Mandatory upgrade? no sycnronizing carbs? Man that is wacked; sync'ing the carbs on a Zed is actually one of the easiest items of owning a 240 I can think of; it's the lazy people out there who ignore the synching, think it is tough, and just don't learn to do it by actually doing it...once you try it a few times, man it is easy.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I guess this is just one of those 'boomerang' type threads.

Yes Stephen it is...now it would be kill if an Aussie replied (pun intended)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.