IGNORED

Gas tank

Ed

Kmack,

That's a very good point! I never thought about the acid.

Did you just use the muratic acid or did you use the system described with the Eastwood kit?

I'm wondering if I should take a look at the inside of my tank after it has been sitting for a few years. I just assumed that it would be as shiny the day I cleaned it.

Maybe the 'gastank treatment' takes care of the rust, but, I can't remember exactly when I put in the treatment (before or after the muratic acid). I'll have to look at the instructions again.

I seem to remember an article in Zcar Magazine about how to restore a gastank. Anyone got that article?

Would it be a copyright violation to scan it since that company no longer exists?

[m]

PS: I'll see what I can find on the gastank thing....

I used the acid by itself. Won't ever do that again. There is a way to nuetralize muractic acid. I believe baking soda or something like that. You can ask a pool supply company. They use muractic acid in cleaning pools.

I'll try to find my warranty card on mine and post the company info for those that would be interested.

Thanks for the info ,

I did use muratic acid on my tank , I rinsed that thing for a long time with water but it makes sense . I wonder if that is the case then how do you neutralize the acid now ? I will get a chance to fiddle tomarrrow .

Will the gas tank sealer do the trick at this point ?

This is not fair ..... it looked really shiney new and dry when I installed it but I do have very fine rust particles showing up in the wrong places .

Oh well do a Maxima tranny in the morning and get aquainted with bottom of my 240!!!!!!

Brother Bob

Found the info on my gas tank. It's marketed as "Gas Tank Renu - USA". The dealer through which mine was done was out of Houston (409-372-9107). It carries a limited Lifetime warranty (non-transferable to next owner) My paperwork lists a bunch of dealers throughout the US & Canada, so if you're interested, tell me where you are and I'll give you the number of the closest dealer to you.

Thanks Mack,

I am in the Fort Worth area not too far from SA.

I dont have it off AGAIN but soon , Daytona 500 is today , understand?

Who is a good vendor otherwise on Z parts ? Victora BC seems kinda proud of there stuff.I will get some pics up soon so you can see what I am dealing with and then you guys can put in your two cents ?

Thanks again

BrotherBob:(