Brakes - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Brakes

Featured Replies

Can the front and rear discs from a 280zx be put onto a 240z

Try looking for Terry Oxandale's website. He has docuemented a couple of different brake upgrades, using nissan parts. One is for the track and one is for the street. I actually did his street conversion. It's pretty easy and I am more than happy with their performance. I'm using METALMASTER pads by the way. Good luck.

You can put 81 fronts on using a 84 zx disk turned down 1/4" in diameter. You have to drill out the threads on the strut and the calipers mount on the oppisit side using washers to center the caliper over the disk.

Rears require 82 calipers and disks and either a custom made bracket, or a maxima unit.

I am doing both to my 240 currently and the only hard part is deciding wether to spend the money for new rear maxima brackets $100 US or make some up myself from 1/2" steel. I have a cad drawing of the rear bracket if you are interested.

  • Author

Thanks for your replies-Terry Oxandales web page was very helpfull

  • 1 month later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Me??? Not at all. I really feel these two places have good Customer relation skills. When I first found Modern Motorsports Ltd. I sent an email question. Ross replied within 2 days. The last time I sent an email up there, I recieved a reply same night. And it was a sunday. Last a emailed Dave at ArizonaZcar, he also replied the same day. For information based email not just a problem or order type thing, same day replies go a very Looonnngggggg way to get my hard earned cash. Brsides have you seen the stuff these guy's crank out. I wish I had the internet 10 years ago when i'd have 3 or 4 Z's around the house and burn money to lite midnight BBQ's.

Want me to represent you Michael???LOL

:devious: .

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.