IGNORED

Unknown interior parts

mdbrandy

I sometimes joke about how expensive some of these parts can get. The plastic molding that covers the top flange of the rear deck just behind the seats is called "luggage stop molding". Most cars have a scratched, warped remnant - like mine - and I went shopping for one a few months ago. Mind you, they sell on Ebay for $10 all day long, but they are scratched, dented and warped. I finally found a new one for $70 - through Chloe - and the joke goes on from there.

This is an add from a 1970 Road and Track with the full line of Amco parts for the S30. It includes the bumper bars, foot rest, and the luggage bar. Shift knobs were available in lether as well as walnut.

post-4148-14150793116138_thumb.jpg

About two years ago, some guy on eBay put up a few auctions claiming that he had found 30 sets of the AMCO floormats with the "Z" on them, and a bunch of the AMCO footrests as well. He actually only put about 5 sets of each on auction over a few months time (they sold for HUGE prices), then he disappeared.

Originally posted by 26th-Z

I sometimes joke about how expensive some of these parts can get. The plastic molding that covers the top flange of the rear deck just behind the seats is called "luggage stop molding". Most cars have a scratched, warped remnant - like mine - and I went shopping for one a few months ago. Mind you, they sell on Ebay for $10 all day long, but they are scratched, dented and warped. I finally found a new one for $70 - through Chloe - and the joke goes on from there.

The luggage stop moldings are, however, a little different now than they used to be. They are wider than the one example I have, and Chloe says they are even wider than later examples she has seen. Go figure. Looks nice, though :classic: .

post-4028-14150793116292_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
And Bambi, it is $70 and not $7000. I bought one too. Chloe at MidwestZ was kind enough to find two NOS ones. :classic:

Is Midwest Z still in business? I've done a google search to no avail. If so, does anyone have contact information? And on a related note, anyone have a line on the 'moulding - luggage stopper' (74965N4600 as described on the parts fiche)?

Gary S.

• 12 years later...