IGNORED

Ahh, here at last!

halz

Well, The Green Machine is now officially a Sandgroper - I just got back from the E.Perth inspection centre where (despite my paranoia) it passed with flying colours. Also picked up my custom plates...

If anyone is thinking of applying for 240.DAT, they're gone!

OK, I won't tell you!

BTW, a pleasant suprise... looked closely at the engine for the first time on the weekend and discovered that it has an E31 head - bonus! The P.O. mentioned tht he had replaced the head and the engine was too grimy to see what type it was when I 1st looked at it. I have the original head (E88) but how about that - an E31 as well!

The E88 head as fitted to the 260Z engine has a larger exhaust valve than the E88 fitted to the late 240Zs...at least that's my understanding. Apart from that, it appears the E31 head has slightly different quench characteristics to an E88 and also gives a slightly raised sompression (9.0:1 vs 8.5:1)

You may be correct on that Halz. I have never compared the two side by side.

It's not really of much of a concern to me however I have a 10:1 compression range on mine or at least I believe with the F54 bottom end and it's got larger valves from a n42 head :).

I'm getting my new camshaft set up tomorrow wish me luck :)