IGNORED

Finally My 240z Video.

Gav240z

Originally posted by Inf

I was able to play it fine, gspot read the video stream as being divx 5.0, you might have an older divx codec installed if you are having trouble.

http://www.divx.com/divx/

Cool vid though!

Andrew

I don't get any video - just audio. And if it needs the DivX codec, then I'm SOL, since to download the free version, you have to allow that stupid GAIN adware to infiltrate your computer. At least from what I see. If there's any way to get the codec without the virus software, I'd like to hear about it.

Works now with the install from your link. It appears as though they just put up a new download version on 9/2/2003 that is now called DivX51GAINBundle.exe or something close to that. Apparently they decided to no longer give it away free if you don't want GAIN garbage on your machine. I won't install anything that puts that adware/spyware/virus junk on my machine. If it does it in stealth mode, I get REALLY pissed. I had to put Adaware on my home machine because my kid downloaded something that installed GAIN. Not happy.

Anyway, thanks for the link. Works now.

You wouldn't believe how pissed off I get at Spyware, I had some junk program that will pretend the url you type in your browser can't be retrieved and shows some other website obviously an endorsement for their company.

I went nuts uninstalling to get rid of it.

Kazaa is the biggest bastard thank god for kazaa lite. :).

BTW did you like the video :)?

Thanks, and I understand how you feel, infact i packed in a resto process because I simply had no choice, my DD(Daily Driver) became a write off I bought another DD that wasn't reliable had it broken into lost lots of money and sold that and with the money i had saved towards just a paint job managed to own the Z i have now.

Do i have any regrets? yes definately it will be several years before i have restored the Z to the standard I wish to achieve. See my gallery for an idea of what I'm aiming for.

Problem is I'm still young and studying so I guess the resto process is on hold and I should just enjoy what i have which from the video I guess you can see LOL.

I've been keeping up to date with your progress and I must say I admire what your doing, I still dream of owning an earlier vin numbered Z.

It'll be sweet when (and I say WHEN, not IF) I get it done. Right now I'm working two jobs and taking a graduate-level computer science class, so there just isn't much time left...

Add three active children to the mix (all boys, so "Dad" gets to do most of the stuff with them), and I REALLY don't have any extra time. Ah well. They'll grow up and leave. The Z will still be there :classic: .

Hahah I'm doing computer science also, I'll be finishing an advanced diploma and going on to do a degree in multimedia computer science but was thinking after of doing something involved in mechanical engineering dunno yet.

Sounds like you have your hands full and I know what a computer science course can be like :stupid: .

Well good luck.