IGNORED

i sound like a biplane!

nutxo

Me being the genius I am i went and bought a thrush muffler, just like ive always used on my chevies, big mistake, my car sounds liek a damn airplane or something, whatever , it dont sound good :-(

Hopefully I have enough pipe to replace it again, anyone suggest a good brand? Please dont say borla, I havent bought one of their mufflers since they broke the 100 dollar mark.

You may want to try a exhaust tip. They can change the note without going with a whole new muffler set-up. I am not sure of the name but there are a few packed much like a glass packs and they can take away alot of what you dont like for little money\work.

I'd put a supertrapp tip on the rear, and leave the thrush on. It will take the harshness out and allow you to tune the note. This is what I plan to do, I have a 2 chamber flowmaster and I'm in the same boat as you.

The supertrap is a real nice way to go, if you have the money. I have had them in the past and :love:. Plus there able to be tuned by the number of disc's you put in or pull out.

Originally posted by carguyinok

The supertrap is a real nice way to go, if you have the money. I have had them in the past and :love:. Plus there able to be tuned by the number of disc's you put in or pull out.

mebbe Ill call around and see what i can find,..

Hey, Nutxo,

what type is your engine? L24, L28? FI or SU Carbs?

I also have been thinking of buying some Trapp's. My car is a '72 240Z with the L28 from a '83 280ZX.(Carbs) On top of being such a powerful engine is such a light car, I can't get her to even run. She'll crank but no fuel. I'm trying to trace the power wire back from the fuel pump because there is no power getting to it. I have been thinking of making a switch panel inside the car for the pump if I can't figure out the problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian:alien:

L28 , fuel injected. Just talked to a friend that works the performance counter at my favorite local parts store (they have a counter for performance only parts) and he basically told me to get a 280z muffler, he says the supertrapp will sound like crap so Im prolly gonna do a universal since oem is 160 bux

Try Summit Racing. They have a good assortment of mufflers including their own brand which are very good for the price. I have one on my 64 L320 and one on my 79 810. They aren't loud but you can hear them when you get on it. If memory serves me correctly they are only $14.75 each for a 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" center/offset which is what a Z uses.

Stephen Blakeney

1979 810 2dr

1978 280Z coupe

1964 L320 pickup

I got tired of finding this wire, and put new ones going to a carbon fiber guarded switch. this solved the fuel problem. Now she starts but wont run unless I keep the key in the start position. :mad: She can be a pain, but that is why I love her. Nutxo, did you have any luck with you "biplane" problem? I'd try a "Ractive" or "Blitz" exhaust. Something that will give you the flow you need, but without taking away your backpressure.

Brian