IGNORED

I live in Portland Oregon

beandip

OK as I see more Pacific NorthWesterners reply I thought I would jump on the wagon as well. So I am here in University Place Washington currently restoring a 77 280Z that I bought from some in Yakima that sat for too many years so now it is getting a ground up restoration. Have owned other 280Z's in the past as well. My brother does not subscribe to forums but he has his a 77 280Z and a 93 TT and recently sold his 72 240Z.

77 280Z

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/babry27/77%20Datsun%20Restoration/?start=all

i live in a small town in Wisconsin called New London (home of the biggest st Patricks day parade in Wisconsin:) ), but i am going to school at Michigan tech for mechanical engineering.

i have an 87 jeep Cherokee, and an 83 john Deere sprintfire snowmobile.

1 dog and a girlfriend.

Let's not lose the fact that this thread is "I live in Portland Oregon" which would imply some connection with/to that city/state rather than the random individual bios that are showing up since the thread has been awakened. Michelle's question, after all, was "Where did all the Oregon people go???"

Well since I started this thread back in 2003 plenty has changed. I have nearly finished my Z. LOL as it it will ever be finished. LOL There is an established Z car club with a growing membership of some really great people. From Oregon and SW Washington . We number 56 the last time I checked. We also have a non club, club, of about 15. We keep contact with one another via Email , list style. We try to gather for a beer and Pizza a couple of times a year as well as for a cruse or two. The Northwest Z membership own Z of all years where the non club club, the Z are almost all 240s. Maybe since this thread has been resurrected there may be renewed interest from others that were unaware of us. Now that Carl Beck's list will be going away soon , we all need to keep in contact with one another . This demise is going to leave a large hole in the Z community. Being part of a group definitely has its benefits . Gary :rambo:

• 3 months later...

Well Ken welcome to the web site. You dusted off an old thread here. Since '03 much has happened to and with all of us. Once again it was good to read all the posts from way back. We miss some that are no longer with us. But we remember them and draw from there experience through the archives and doing searches for different things. Always good to see the names and read the comments. My Z has been ''finished'', for some time now. Mostly a maintenance thing , unless I am upgrading something. I am 69 now and still live in the Beaverton area. Married and now it has been 48 yrs. Gary

I guess you'll soon be able to add me to your list of locals Gary. I plan to join the club soon and attend some events. My '72 240Z is a ways off from being done and even from being reliable, but it will get there eventually. Thanks for the phone call and the help and sending Roge my way yesterday. Thought we had some wheels that would work out but they were for an Audi pattern instead. Hoping to find something tonight that will work. We'll see I guess.

Greg

I live in Bend Oregon, I was in Portland last month I think (at a Holiday Inn Express no less)

Right now I have a 73 240 Z, a 67 1/2 Roadster 2 liter, a 68 2000 roadster, I have a Honda Element for a daily driver. We also have a Toyota Sequoia 4x4 for the family wagon in the high desert.

Currently in Abingdon Virginia. Tomorrow I start my 12 day work shift. The work truck is a 2001 Bell 206LIV Longranger. Seven pax helicopter. Looks like we may have a wildfire to go work on.

Phil