IGNORED

Bra or no bra? Latest pics...

landmizzle

Hi all,

Just uploaded some pictures I took today of my 72'. I've done a few things to her since I got her two months ago;

Front and rear strut bars.

1" front sway bar and 3/4" rear.

Tokico struts and Eibach progressive springs.

Dragged the Minilites out of storage and polished 'em up.

215/60/14 Cooper Cobra GT all around. No rub, yeah!

Polished the carb domes. Sweet!

Single point dizzy replaced the dual. This is an auto tranny car.

But the biggest question I have is based on the ancient relic I found while rummaging through the garage today. I cleaned it up and it was in fine shape, so I thought what the heck let's deck the girl out. Should you be so bold as to go to my gallery, you will find pictures of my 72' with all the previously mentioned items gathered center stage for you viewing pleasure. Now, I like all the changes and think they look great. But the last item, the object I found in the garage....the vinyl bra. Hmmm. It's a definite 80's look. And I am trying to keep the car "period correct" looking. But that bra, I just don't know......What do you think. Good, bad, indifferent?

Well, it will keep the stone chips at bay at least.

Best Regards,

Landmizzle '72 240Z w/ a grandmatic tranny

damn your car is soo clean!

Did you re-chrome the front and rear bumpers by any chance? In one of the pics, it looks absolutly brand new.. and is glaring into the pic...

it's either extremly clean, or you did some "touch-ups" to the pics..

anyway... i would say, the bra looks good, but it looks better without it.

:devious: :devious: :devious:

My personal opinion,----------YUK.

HOWEVER, when you come down to the tin tacs mate, it's all a matter of personal taste.

It really doesn't matter whether I or anyone else likes it or not.

If YOU like wearing a bra on your car, then wear the thing. It's what YOU want that counts.

Rick.

Hi PrOxLaMus,

Thanks for the compliments. No touch ups, what you see is what you get. The car is not without it's faults. It has numerous door dings and some slight paint checkering along the rear quarter windows. Cars almost always look better in pictures.

The bumbers were replaced about 25 years ago. The rear has a small spot the size of a quarter where the chrome has come off. It's tough to see but it's located just under one of the supports for the bumper over-rider.

I just bought this car from the original owner about two months ago. It had 77K original documented miles and hence one of the reasons why it's still in such good shape.

Thanks again for your comments and I'll put you down as part of the "no bra" party.

Best Regards,

Landmizzel '72 240 Z

Originally posted by PrOxLaMuS©

damn your car is soo clean!

Did you re-chrome the front and rear bumpers by any chance? In one of the pics, it looks absolutly brand new.. and is glaring into the pic...

it's either extremly clean, or you did some "touch-ups" to the pics..

anyway... i would say, the bra looks good, but it looks better without it.

Bra's on a car have their drawbacks and their benefits...

I have yet to see too many bra's that don't lift up or flap at highway speed... this will mess up the paint in a short time. Moisture or condensation trapped under it can ruin a paint job over time. Never had one on a Z, but the one's I have had always seem to flap in the wind and leave marks in the paint.

They do protect from rock chips and make bug cleani-up a bit easier as you can use a protectant on the bra that will make the bug "remains" come off much easier than trying to scrub them off the paint.

It all boils down to the quality of the bra and how tightly it fits and whether or not it stays put while driving.

I bought a bra for my loveliness. Mine just says Z on the front. I think the car looks good in a bra. Silly as it sounds, 2ManyZ's is completely right about the fit and what it will do to the finish. As nice as your's looks, landmizzle, wear it for show and out on dates. Makes the headlights look bigger.