maybe its just me but.... - Page 3 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

maybe its just me but....

Featured Replies

You mean to say there was a point Alfa?

I wouldnt say no no to that car, and I bet it would be great for picking up well err Kermit the Frog at least :)

I hate to eat my own words but I guess Porsche's are good I did always want one as a kid.

It's just the image that goes with it that puts me off and the price tag $$$.

Can't agree with the green but they look great in silver and red.

Don't worry Alfa I get the point LOL .

In 1970 (while serivng in military,in Germany) I went shopping for a 2nd car. Was considering a Carmin Gia, when the salesman directed my attention to a 1967 Porsche 911S. This was the first year of the new styleing(Previous looked like VW). He said hop in and we'll take a ride up to Hitlers Eagle Nest. Well,its a ungardrailed mtn road that has continous curves like a string of Z's. Climbing several thousand feet. I thought the salesman had lost his sanity!! Speeds up to 60-65, drifting around curves that had panoramic aircraft views of Berchtesgaden to the Eagles Nest and back. When we returned, my knees were so weak I could hardly get out of the car!! Best buy I ever made!! Turned out the salesman was a Porsche team driver that drove the Nuernburger Ring! On the autobahn, I had that car up to the 260 km reading on its speedometer. Close to 150 mph. Best car I had ever driven! When it wore out (I coulden't afford another) I met Datsun and its been a love afair ever since.

  • Author

sweet story...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

BUUUURP !!!!!!!!!

Bloody heck Lachlan, I haven't

BUUURP !!!! had my breakfast

BUUURP !!!!!!

yet.

Rick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.