IGNORED

thoughts on my new idea :)

Walkingpig

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Just a suggestion, but have you thought of going with chamelion ?

The bloke who did the paint job on "Precious" tried hard to talk me intodoing her in Bronze chamelion. Samples looked FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!! but I just couldn't afford it.

As he said, most cars you see that used chamelion don't show the paintwork to it's best advantage as they have so many flat panels but as the Zed bodywork is all curves it would show the paint to it's best advantage.

It would want to at a THOUSAND BUCKS A LITRE.

Rick.

G'Day there George,

The paint job on "Precious" has a gold pearl over the bronze which makes it SPARKLE in the sun.

Mate, you've no doubt seen those paint jobs that change colour as you walk past it?.

If I'd done "Precious" in a Bronze chamelion, she would have looked like a rainbow going past.

When we placed the sample strip in the headlight well and running up onto the edge of the bonnet the colour change was dramatic. It had greens, blues, reds and bronze hues fading into each other. MAGNIFICENT !!!!!

Rick.

ey all,

Harlequin and chameleon are both brands of paint that "change colour" very expensive stuff. I feel that the best results are achieved when only a few colours are used. However a personal favourite technique is call marbleizing I think. Hopefully ill be learning how to do it in the next few months.

Couldnt find and example of marbalizing however im pretty sure the stang has a similar concept to harlequin paint.

james

post-3399-14150792859755_thumb.jpg

Harlequin and chameleon are both brands of paint that "change colour" very expensive stuff.

Yes, it is. This stuff is so cool when used proper. The color change paint is spendy for a reason. The main key of this paint is microfische (microfish) :stupid: It gets ground up into a powder as fine as babypowder and mixed with what will be the top coat.

First the car will be painted with a dark base. Then the color change part gose over the top of that.

I have always loved the looks you can get with color change paint BUT I would not paint a whole car with it. This is just IMO.

I dont feel it was ever ment for the whole car other then trailer queen street rods. I would use it for a cool looking stripe job or some bad azz flames. I have seen it used for a flame job and WOW it was COOL. The flames looked like they would move around the car:love:

I also have a few buddys that are into there lowriders. One has a 63 chevy pick-up low rider with the marble style paint. Looks real cool just dont damage it!!!!!! You will never match it:disappoin

the picture of the mustang looks more like candy apple red to me it was huge back in the 70s and 80s had to paint the car with silver or other metalic then paint the candy over the top look so good but car had to be super straight showed any dents like dogs balls

cant say ive seen the chameleon paint in a red the two ive seen are the bronze purple and a silver green really liked the silver green

I agree with a comment earlier though think this paint is better for highlighting rather than full car.

Mick

Originally posted by 1 Bravo 6

G'Day there George,

The paint job on "Precious" has a gold pearl over the bronze which makes it SPARKLE in the sun.

I just looked in your gallery and I saw a car identical to yours in Melboure over the weekend, looked very tidy, identical colour and all. Was tempted to leave the ol' "do you wanna sell?" note on the windscreen.

I was at the Hot Rod show here in Sydney last month and House of Kolor had a rather huge exhibit (being sponsors and all) and their samples looked fantastic to say the least. Some cars featured their work and it is without a doubt amazing but would you get a daily driver painted like that? Never. Even a weekender? I wouldn't. I can just imagine a jelous idiot scrathing your car on purpose. Ka ching, there goes $4000 redoing the pannel/s.

carguyinok said it, it's only for trailer queen rods.

Thanks for all that OFF TOPIC CRAP, nah just kidding its all good and i enjoyed reading all of that ROFL

so yes, looks like bloke is making up lots of panels, except for the rust inside the rear 1/4? in front of the rear tires

which is going to be a killer for the wallet!!! eeeeeeeeek

so now i really have to decide whether to go with the silver stripe idea or not!

if i go one stripe... should it be as wide as the bump in the bonnet? or should there be two, thats outsides are over it leaving a gap down the middle

scarey stuff!, maybe i should forget the stripe :)

anyways, thanks for all the help, Charles