240z cuts out under load....... - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z cuts out under load.......

Featured Replies

  • Author

This is super helpful ;-)

The sad thing is, I have the book and didn't even look...... Dumbhead........

I now think I am off, the screwdriver check photo makes me think I am off,,,,,, Will be getting the oil pump out again...........

Thanks for posting this......

  • Author

Went out and pulled the oil pump again and after numerous attempts, I got it right, Took it for a drive and it is WAY better. Freely revs up to 5500 and would go more. I did get three "coughs" along the way, which I am hoping is old gas,,,,, but overall, much happier.

I thought maybe my oil pan gasket was leaking under the oil filter, but the bottom of my oil pressure sender was wet, so I bet the sender is leaking...... Need to get the book out..........

Thanks for the help and encouragement.....

Remove the sender, clean it up and apply some quality teflon tape and keep an eye on it.

  • Author

In my pile of parts, I had a spare series 1 oil sender unit, so I switched them out. Took me longer to search through my spares than to switch it out. It was a good excuse to do an oil change too..........

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.