IGNORED

Tool Compartment brackets

mdbrandy

Request: Someone that has intact tool compartments and the brackets that go with them - would you take a picture of the bracket that attaches to the vertical wall behind the drivers seat, that I assume the tool compartment attaches to? I've attached a picture of what I have and circled the area that I'm talking about. My compartments are gone. The brackets attached to the floor appear to still be there, but the ones where the top of the compartment probably attaches are gone. There are two holes where the brackets probably were. I'll either have to find a donor car, or try to make new brackets. I know I can get the compartments themselves from MSA or VB, but not the brackets. Anyway, if one of you guys could let me know what they really look like, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

post-4028-14150792804053_thumb.jpg

I tried to take a pic of mine as well.... no luck. One of the PO had a carper set put in and I don't know what they glued it down with, but it doesn't want to come off.... Hope I can find a glue that works as well when I get ready to replace the carpet.:ermm:

I looks to be nothing more than a simple L shaped bracket with a captured nut for the upper plastic thumb screw that holds it in place. Shouldn't be difficult to make one up if you can't find another one...

Originally posted by civ104

I've got a pretty good picture of mine from a series one '70.

Cool. Looks just like a metal lip with a thumb screw. If I can't locate one off a doaner, it doesn't look too hard to make. Thanks!

If anyone has their car apart, and can get a pic of how this bracket is shaped and attached to the wall without the vinyl, I'd appreciate seeing that too.

I'll try to get a better picture tomorrow. It's raining right now and getting a little dark. If my diamond embossed vinyl isn't too attached, I'll try and get a shot of the whole bracket. Can't guarantee that, though. There's not a mark on that vinyl and I don't think I want to tear it up.:bunny:

Originally posted by civ104

There's not a mark on that vinyl and I don't think I want to tear it up.:bunny:

PLEASE don't do anything that hurts your car! If you can get a pic of the attachment without damaging ANYTHING, then great, I'd love to see it, but it is NOT important enough for you to tear up your interior. I figured there's probably somebody out there that already has it apart and might be able to take a pic of the attachment. I really appreciate your attempts, though. :classic: