has anyone ever drifted with their datsun Z? - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

has anyone ever drifted with their datsun Z?

Featured Replies

Yea!! Get some. I love the last picture!

Love the primer black. (look at my avatar)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Hey Rick, shouldn't you have said never on purpose?

Racing in the rain is a blast with a locked rear with a car that understeers and you have to get it to oversteer to make it around a corner...:cross-eye :devious:

Let me clarify that 2Many...

A FOUR wheel drift is desirable... a two wheel drift is not (just a lot of fun).

I also love racing in the rain -- but I've never been able to afford rain tires so I have to slide around on my Toyo or Hoosiers. Makes for some interesting times -- espeicially like you said -- with a locker!

Out on the track the Zed drift's around a couple of 100+kph(160+mph) corners like nothing else. The IRS works hard :)...

The extra weight of the 2+2 makes it interesting though, as does the rubbish tyres that I'm using :)

Makes me smile just thinking about it

R.

Are you sure it's not the other way around..? 100 mph and 160 kph? Just wondering. Drifting owns.

Ha Ha! Yeah it might just be the other way around :)

Damn I must be tired or something!

R.

HAHA. I just realized IRS stands for independent rear suspension. I thought you were talking about the Internal Revenue Service (US's tax collectors), DOHC. Anyway that was quite random.

some people drift trucks. z's aren't a big deal mang.

i was watching this show on police chases and there was a chase involving a charter bus, and the guy who jacked it went through this sweeping turn and the back slid out as he approached and *almost* kept it going. this guy drifted (some might say powerslid) a bus. upon exiting he kinda went up on the curb but uh, hey, he didn't tip over. that was crazy stuff. he kept on going after that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.