IGNORED

History repeats itself....you would think we'd learn!!

thefastestz

Maybe I'm wrong, it could be we just like old cars in general and don't like the styling of most new cars.

that's kind of what i was trying to say. the 350Z's a nice car, and its looks aren't bad. i bet people who think they're ugly would definitely warm up to it if they could afford to buy oneLOL

anyways, the V6 in the new Z? sounds so NICE!!! omg

someone needs to swap in the VQ35 in a 240Z.

It's funny that a similar discussion was carried out last night after the monthly meeting of the Northern Virginia Z Car Club. After the meeting ended at about 8:45p.m., the Z car faithful ventured out into the humid evening air to look at and discuss each other's cars.

The Z32 followers sort of congregated amongst themselves admiring the the modifications made to each other's cars. I was the only one driving a Z31 which received a few walkarounds mostly due to its newly lowered stance (Tokico struts/springs) and the hardtop body. My friend Buck brought his 11/70 240Z which generated alot of complements. Arnie, who like myself has all generations covered except the Z32 brought his LeMans Sunset Touring 350Z out and that also had some looks applied to it.

Towards the end of the evening a couple of guys pulled up and walked over to the 350Z and started gushing about the car. Comments were made about how the new Z would keep up with a Boxster and so on. At that point I began to understand what the 240Z must have been like to own circa the springtime 1970. The comparisons to the E-type and speed that would sometimes equal the mighty 911 must have crossed more than a few minds back then. So, have we gone full circle again?

:D

My problem isn't being able to afford one.... I could live thge American dream and finance it for 7 years which is becoming the norm.

My problem is that IMHO it is butt ugly AND we were promised a Z not some modern day looking sports car that is built under both the Nissan and Infinity name. The rest of the automakers are able to produce retro style cars why can't Nissan? I'll tell you why. Because some marketing bimbo in her 20's didn't think it would sell. See an old post that explains it :http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4956

I'm off my soap box now, I just felt I had to defend my comments. I ealize some people like it and good for them. If we all had the same taste in cars it would make driving boring.

Sorry guys but I like sunroofs. I love driving with the windows up on the freeway, but the sunroof open so I do not get all the road nose from the other cars / trucks. I love the running with it open on a cold clear winter day when I am longing for spring. All my cars have sunroof exept the Z and do not worry I am not putting one in . . . but I have thought about cutting off the whole roof. (Yes I know that I will need to add a frame to the car if I do that)

sunroofs are nice on brisk, sunlit winter days, i agree. but in the summer i don't like having the sun all up in muh grill. not pleasant.

My problem isn't being able to afford one.... I could live thge American dream and finance it for 7 years which is becoming the norm.

My problem is that IMHO it is butt ugly AND we were promised a Z not some modern day looking sports car that is built under both the Nissan and Infinity name. The rest of the automakers are able to produce retro style cars why can't Nissan? I'll tell you why. Because some marketing bimbo in her 20's didn't think it would sell. See an old post that explains it :http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/...=&threadid=4956

well, i guess weren't too crazy about the 300ZX's then right? i see a strong resemblance to the 300ZX by the 350Z. it doesn't stray very far from the Z lineage in terms of styling at all. from the beginning the Z has changed far from what it was, and this is just another step forward (or away maybe). besides, retro doesn't work for all car manufacturers and i find chrysler's pt cruiser and ford's new thunderbird to be VERY ugly. if ya want retro, buy vintage.