IGNORED

ZG body parts

26th-Z

Gav,

Here is a simple rule of thumb:

If the modification you are planning for your car is not reversible, don't do it. That is, if you have to cut or drill existing panels to attach new parts then you are very likely to devalue the car. Don't add the ZG replica parts if you have to hack up your lovely standard car.

...anyway, I think they look better in stock form without the droopy nose...

Hayden.

I kinda agree with you Halz but I really like the ZG look personally.

I think it would be great to own one there so different to anything else on the road I agree stock Z's are just as beautiful and I love the look of my current Z that's why I can't decide.

Maybe one day I'll import a true ZG and not just have some replica.

:classic:

Dreams come true if you make them:cheeky:

That attitude shits me to tears amongst car restorers. Its your car, and you are the one who has to look at it everytime you drive it, don't let other people influence your decisions. If its the flares etc that you want, go and do it if it makes you happy (I would rather see a nice Z with flares and G-nose, than some uncared for hack of a daily driver), sure you are always going to have some clown come up and tell you how you ruined a good car, and you can always politely tell them where to shove their opinion (in your opinion of course).

I have had to put up with this rubbish when I tried to classic register my last car and it nearly made me sell the thing, in the end I persevered, got it registered then put my 2inch tacho and oil pressure gauge back in the car :).

In short do what you want (In case you haven't guessed, I am a big fan of the ZG). I also have to say that I am in favour of most mods which make any car safer or better to drive ie better modern tyres, better brakes, improved shockers. In the end, the decision is that of the owners, not the clown giving him hell.

Cheers

Chris

I tend to agree Zkid I know I'm the driver of the car and I can do what I like to it. I also understand that the Z is of classic status and that to me also means I have a responsibility to look after her and making her a ZG means I'm changing what she is and she's classic for what she is.

I agree brake upgrades and suspension are great and I don't mind a few engine modifications either.

That's why it's such a tough decision because the car I own was a family car for 20 + years and in that time it was looked after and unmolested etc.. although the chassis rails are a bit battered from some clown but I'll be rectifying that :).

Anyway I don't mind people modifying there car to the way they like it of course it's not alway in my taste take ebay for example there's so much junk on there I'm scared to look.

I just feel I can't modify it without feeling somewhat guilty :).

Maybe I'm too ANAL ROFL .