IGNORED

Recommended Bodyshops for rust repair? (east coast)

Posted (edited)

Title. Discovered some rust at the bottom of my drivers side quarter panel where it had rusted through and caused the paint to bubble, resulting in 3 nickel sized holes. Dogleg portion has a bubble of paint that flaked off to reveal what looks like surface only, but with rust who knows. Entire pinch weld looks sound, but there's what looks like powdery rust residue running along the seam of the pinch weld where it meets the rocker panel, nothing else visible so I have no idea how serious it is.

Also battery tray has some surface rust that I've hit with inhibitor and taken a screw driver to, metal seems sound, but would need addressed. The rest of the car *looks* okay, but I can't tell if anything else is hiding. Spare tire well looks fine, and when I had the gas tank out to reinstall a new one from S30World, I didn't see anything on the other side from underneath. Floor panels and everything else look okay under the car.

I really want to keep the car and get it back into shape, but I'm also facing a move and transporting an extra car would be another logistical challenge, but I may hang onto it if I can make the repairs work. Car is a 2+2 so I know this may complicate matters in terms of finding panels. 

Thus onto my question, does anyone have any recommendations for restoration shops on the east coast? A quick google search revealed Datsun Spirit, But they are apparently booked for the next two years.

Granted I know most people aren't a body shop or work at one, but what is the estimated cost to have this done properly? (cut & weld new panels if needed, etc)? I've seen the numbers range in the single digit thousands, so I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by NocturnalEmber

Unfortunately I just heard back from Datsun Spirit, they are apparently booked for the next two years.  Anyone that has a shop they can recommend that isn't booked out to that extent and has experience on bodywork with S30's would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, NocturnalEmber said:

Unfortunately I just heard back from Datsun Spirit, they are apparently booked for the next two years.  Anyone that has a shop they can recommend that isn't booked out to that extent and has experience on bodywork with S30's would be appreciated!

Talk to these guys. No personal experience, but they seem to have a following in GA. https://sixescustom.com/