Help identifying ROTA RB finish - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help identifying ROTA RB finish

Featured Replies

Hello, 

I am trying to duplicate this look with the same ROTA RB wheels, but I'm unsure of the finish. I'm attaching a couple of pics because the lighting and angle seem to make a big difference. I will be purchasing these online and can't view them in person. At first, I thought they were gunmetal, but someone else told me they were hyper-black. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

HEELEY_20140908_019 copy.jpeg

HEELEY_20140908_173 copy.jpeg

HEELEY_20140908_106.jpg

Mine are Gunmetal w/polished lip. It is hard to tell which is which...IMG_20170709_111608.jpg

  • Author

It seems like whenever I see a new photo I become less sure. I assumed gunmetal was lighter and more metallic than hyper-black, but then I was told the opposite by an online distributor. So I started thinking that they must be hyper-black based on some pics I found in other wheel discussions, until I saw your pics. It all depends on the lighting.

2 hours ago, CleZ said:

It seems like whenever I see a new photo I become less sure. I assumed gunmetal was lighter and more metallic than hyper-black, but then I was told the opposite by an online distributor. So I started thinking that they must be hyper-black based on some pics I found in other wheel discussions, until I saw your pics. It all depends on the lighting.

I agree with the vendor. I think the gunmetal will look more black. The Hyperblack have so much metal flake in them that they look silver grey from many angles. They only look black under certain lighting conditions

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.