IGNORED

Nissan Develops Major 240Z Head Upgrade

inline6

42 minutes ago, inline6 said:

Just seeing this - spoiler though - they don't have plans to sell it.  🤪 
I think they must have had plans, but maybe they do not any longer.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/nissan-develops-major-240z-head-upgrade-decades-after-its-retirement

That seems illogical to me. I suspect there are some thoughts towards vintage racing or something along those lines. Maybe they found insufficient market for it part way through the process and finished anyway. Most businesses don't spend money on projects like this for no reason. There really isn't even much advertising value as it's an untested engine stand ornament. Wouldn't surprise me if it became available to racers who have a good relationship with supporting Nissan.

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

That seems illogical to me. I suspect there are some thoughts towards vintage racing or something along those lines. Maybe they found insufficient market for it part way through the process and finished anyway. Most businesses don't spend money on projects like this for no reason. There really isn't even much advertising value as it's an untested engine stand ornament. Wouldn't surprise me if it became available to racers who have a good relationship with supporting Nissan.

I'm not sure that makes sense. Would it even be legal for any kind of competitive racing? In that regard, it has the same problem as the OS Giken and Datsunworks DOHC heads.

5 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

I'm not sure that makes sense. Would it even be legal for any kind of competitive racing? In that regard, it has the same problem as the OS Giken and Datsunworks DOHC heads.

I don't know. I'm not that familiar with the rules in various racing classes. Just seems like a tremendous investment for a one off that has no return at all on the investment. Especially considering the OS Giken already exists.