IGNORED

Two-Wire Clamps

Richie G

I found these on ebay and wanted to share in case anyone is looking for the two-wire type clamps.  The heads aren't exactly OEM but for the price and the fact they come pre-zinced i think they are worth a shot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403644655801?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=apbb2nwyrmc&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=a4d1fc-qQ9K&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

image.png

I ordered a couple of sets and should have them in a few weeks as they slow boat it from china.  Will report back on quality once I get them.  I like that they have a wide range of sizes which can cover probably most if not close to all of the engine bay. They have other variety of sizes and qty to meet your needs in different kit types if you search.

In comparison to what i previously purchased from zcar depot these certainly are economical at like 50 cents per compared to at least 5-8 bucks per from the big boys.  Plus the z car ones are not even capable of holding zinc and the wires were pretty crappy and twisted fairly easy as they tightened.  Wouldnt recommend them.  Hopefully these do the trick if not, not much money wasted.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, emccallum said:

I bought some like that on amazon.

Still waiting on mine, were they decent? The ones I had from zcar were this soft metal and they deformed and lost their circular shape as you closed them and tightened them down. Didn't like those at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.  I haven't yet received the original purchase but stumbled on these at amazon and took a shot since they had free returns and the deal was far better than the one from ebay.  You get more pieces, a better range, and they are half the price from the ones i bought on ebay.  I'll be returning the ebay ones shortly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BM93WN31/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

image.png

They arrived today and boy they are nice and I highly recommend.  They have the same "issue" in that the head isn't OEM but they fit nicely into an 8mm ratchet and that's what i prefer anyway.

This kit has them in individually wrapped bags sorted by size range

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The plating seems very consistent in color and application and they really hold the shape nicely as you close them

image.jpeg

Head shot, don't like the flat head screw but as mentioned will use the ratchet instead.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

That's one good looking belly lol. Jealous I'm still at the point where the previous owner sprayed gobs of undercoating and dealing with eventual removal and hopefully not too many surprises.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 1/5/2024 at 9:12 PM, Richie G said:

That's one good looking belly lol. Jealous I'm still at the point where the previous owner sprayed gobs of undercoating and dealing with eventual removal and hopefully not too many surprises.

Thanks fella. If any consolation, I still have tonnes of underseal liberally sprayed by the PO to scrape off one day. The good news is, what I’ve peeled off has solid metal beneath it! Which is rare for UK cars - as they normally use it to conceal rust before selling 😉

also the trouble with a clean underbelly is that any puddle becomes scary while driving - all you’re thinking of is what’s that doing to my lovely clean underside! 😛

Edited by AK260
  • Haha 4