IGNORED

Car Seat Replacements - New Z owner

shoudt

My 240z needs to get some new seats. I have read all of the seat posts. It seems like many different seats will fit. My problem is that I can not weld and I am on a tight budget.

What seats can I just swap out with out doing any additional work to fit them in my car. I know that I can use other 240z seats. It seems like I can also use 260z and 280z seats.

Does anyone know of any other seats that I can do a swap without doing any alterating?

Thanks.

There are no seats that will fit without any changes. No 260,280 Z seats will fit. Have to switch out the rollers.

No other Datsun-Nissan seats will fit<-that I've tried

At www.zhome.com there's a write up on a Honda seat. Pictures and everything. sorry I do not have that link at the moment.

Personally I love the Original 240Z seats. Will use them until there dead then fix/buy new one's.

They make bolt-up racing seats for $$$$$$$$$$

-Brandon

71 240Z series 1

Just now looking at your signature

I hope you enjoy your 71 240-Z

I love the 71's(I've got 3). There my most favorite out of all the Z's (including 350Z-which I like very much)

I've got a 70 too. Like 71's much better.

my 2¢

-Brandon

Originally posted by lordbiotree

There are no seats that will fit without any changes. No 260,280 Z seats will fit. Have to switch out the rollers.

No other Datsun-Nissan seats will fit<-that I've tried

What is involved in switching out the rollers? Is that something a begining car guy can do with some muscle (have that) or is that welding type stuff?

Changing seats in a 240 zed is quite easy really especially if your new seats have a flat bottom just unbolt your existing runners from your seats it the runners in place in the car and measure where the holes line up to mount the seat to the runners

Then its up to seeing where the mounts r on your new seats you can boly some flat steel between the runners and bolt your seat to that just drill holes to match seat and bolt together all depends where you new seat bolts up if your lucky it will have similar bolt centers so this will work other wise you will need to have a welder weld an square frame up to bolt to your runners and your seat still not a big job

I would steer away from replacemant seats that have mounts at different heights this would make it too hard.

My seats are recaro's that we stripped and customised

Mick

Subj: <FS> 240-Z parts..

Date: 7/3/2003 2:19:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time

To: z-car@taex001.tamu.edu

Sent from the Internet (Details)

FYI:

Completely gutted the black interior my '73 240Z (complete dash, seats,

glass, visors, mirror, window mechanisms, center console, seat belts, hood

latch, fresh air vents, panels, etc, etc). About all that is left in the

car is the steering column and pedals. Most everything was there. Sorry,

in my rush I tore the diamond pattern vinyl pulling it out. It was about

105 degrees in my garage that day.

Some of this stuff is very good to excellent, some is just OK, some is not

too great. Let me know if you want any of it stuff before I

a) stick it up in the rafers of my garage,

B) toss it in my junk box,

c) just throw it away

Also have a never-used spare tire (It says Toyo Z-8 radial 175SR14) on

original wheel, tool kits, etc.

Prices range from free to whatever you think it is worth.

Also have a pair of Weber DGV with Cannon manifold adapters and a set of '83

ZXT wheels WITH Z centercaps I am sick of moving around the garage.

--John

Red '73 FP 240Z

just came in on the Z-car list.

Originally posted by lordbiotree

You should be able to switch the rollers without a problem.

our Z seats don't recline the 73' onward do.

Which parts are you calling "rollers" ? 240Z seats have mounting tracks that are of a "slider" style, and attach to the seat supports with studs and nuts. My early 1972 240Z came with reclining seats from the factory.

Also, though I haven't done it myself, I have a friend who installed seats from an early 260Z into his 1973 240Z and he says it was a straight bolt on with no modifications required.

I just put in a set of Corbeau Forza seats in my 71. They are more for racing, price is about $220.00 each, but they look and feel nice! Corbeau makes a $60.00 sliding bracket that bolts to the bottom of their seats then into your stock holes. Well if you were closer to California I still have the stock passenger seat, no cuts, looks great, still firm, has it's orig. sliding bracket still, don't know what to do with? Some times you can find them for around $40. Anyone else need a seat?