IGNORED

Service Manual Check List

z8987

I was reading the service manual last night and thought it would be a good idea to have a form to track tune-ups etc.  Has anybody created a form they use that is based on the Service Manual?

If not I'll probably make a pdf or maybe a little database for the iphone.  I'm sure a log book is enough, but I'm retired and can make something if it hasn't already been created. 

• Like 1

If you were reading the service manual last night I can recommend some good books. Just kidding. Sounds like a good idea. Let's see where it goes. I'm not aware of a form like you are suggesting that already exists but my experience level here is not as deep as other posters.

1 hour ago, swflaz said:

If you were reading the service manual last night I can recommend some good books. Just kidding. Sounds like a good idea. Let's see where it goes. I'm not aware of a form like you are suggesting that already exists but my experience level here is not as deep as other posters.

The only reason I asked is because of the detail of some of the things I've seen here that people have created.  I pulled all my spark plugs today to replace them.  I have no idea how long they have been in there. they looked pretty good with the exception of the one in the number 1 cylinder.  It was clean, just poorly gapped, like it was dropped before it was inserted.  I did a compression test to rel-familiarize myself with my compression tester and using it on the z.  I did it cold, just to get the feel of it.  I believe it's suppose to be done hot.  I'll do it again later.  Cold the first reading on all cylinders read about 90 with the fourth reading being around 150.

Did you pull all the spark plugs first, Turn it over until you had oil pressure, and hold the throttle wide open during the test? The 140 on the fourth time around was probably because the engine was getting oil pressure.

I did pull all the plugs. I didn’t hold the throttle down. I was familiarizing myself with the process. My main goal was to put new plugs in. I took advantage of that time to learn some things. My gauge will now easily fit in all positions and I can do a test pretty quick. Also, I didn’t know about holding the throttle wide open. Why do we do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk