IGNORED

A quiz for the freaks....

Zvoiture

Originally posted by Zvoiture

OK, let's find out who the real sickos are.....

Where are the naturally occuring odd-sized bolts or nuts on a Z? (that's 7-9-11-13-15mm and so on...)

The only one that I recall off the top of my head is the 27mm bolt that mounts the Crankshaft Dampner to the Crankshaft.

Oh, there are some 17mm ones (somewhere), but at the moment, I can't remember where they are. (outer spindle pins??)

I'll check around on Weds or Thurs when I am under the car next.

Choke & Throttle Pull Screws---really odd size and I STILL can't tell you what it is.

The nuts holding the instrument gauge inner workings to the housing. 4 or 6mm

The Heater Control Panel Mounting Screws. Not only are they of an odd size, but their pitch is different as well. 4mm 1.25 (it's odd at that size)

more to come.....

The bolts that hold in the seatbelt latch are 11mm, fine thread.

I went to midwest fastener co, a 20,000 square foot warehouse of nothing but nuts and bolts.

They didn't have any.

I bought a 12 mm fine thread tap and a bolt at the hardware store. Since I was tapping out the original hole, I got longer bolts and used a washer and nut to make sure my seatbelt stays put.

Originally posted by baddriver

The bolts that hold in the seatbelt latch are 11mm, fine thread.

But what size wrench did you need to use for the bolts?

I think that is what we are talking about here.

FWIW, check out Lawson Products next time you need bolts or nuts. I've ordered bolts and nuts from them that have the correct hex head size (even MM sized, i.e. 10, 12, 14mm etc.) and they seem to have many if not all thread pitch variations available as well.