IGNORED

Wipers on ALL the time...!

Tirnipgreen

26 minutes ago, Tirnipgreen said:

Just wondering if there could be an easy diagnosis for my wipers being on all the time that the key is in the ON position...? Any insight is greatly appreciated...Ryals

Yep, one or more of the circuits going back to the switch is probably grounded.

• 1 year later...

First things first, my car is a 1973 240-Z...the first year of intermittent wipers. So I am back on the issue of my wipers being ON whenever the ignition is ON. I turn the key ON with the wiper switch OFF and the wiper motor runs and the buzzer buzzes some of the time off and on. When I switch the wipers to the first detent (intermittent), the wiper motor runs and I can hear a relay clicking intermittently. I then switch the wipers to the next detent (low) and the motor speed does not change but continues to run. I then switch to what should be "high" and the wiper motor speed slows, but continues to run. SteveJ and I are going to be tackling this issue within the next few weeks, but any comments are always welcomed. 

• Like 1