IGNORED

I decided to chase rust and now I'm here.

Jem2749

The enemy of good is better. I'm not sure how things snowballed but now I'm here - and loving every minute of it. 

So far I've burned in:

• Inner /outer rocker panels on the driver's side
  • Inner dogleg lower on the driver's side
  • Rear driver's wheel tub

Driver's floor, frame rail, toe boards, and rear quarter are next.  Then onto the passenger!

Question for those of you that have put your Z's on a rotisserie: I need to replace the passenger chasis rail (that connects the firewall to the radiator support). Can I do that on the rotisserie? Or would you recommend it on jackstands/a jig if I can make one?

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 1.53.01 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Wow 1

Till last week i didn't want to chase rust on my 240z.. hahaha...  now i took it to a friend for a check ( as my 280zx is on my own lift..) and it had a few holes after 22 winters of use.. not bad.. in the dog legs as you guys call it..  Maybe repair it next year.. not a lot of motivation on this side... 😫

Also behind the lower part of the front fender there is a lot of rot.. pfff.. repaired those 25 years ago.. and are very rusty..

Your work looks good, just be sure not to spray any sinkpaint over rust because it will rust anyway. only clean steel will accept the paint good.

Take your time and brace, brace brace... when taking out big pieces.